~ Calm before the storm

The school year is starting for me, and it's my last year really. So this will probably be one of the final chapters. I'll write on breaks or if I'm free, but besides that, this is it. There's lots of drafted chapters ready to drop for the next seven weeks, so enjoy!
E
N
J
O
Y

 There's lots of drafted chapters ready to drop for the next seven weeks, so enjoy!ENJOY

Scene 9 | | Fall for me, Bow for me. :

When Jenesis Hammaz realizes she has the Capital in the palm of her hands.

As Jenesis stood in line with all the other tributes, she could feel her heart beating in her chest. Slater had just got on stage, and his applause was truly something. He had his regular menacing stare, but there was a flicker of amusement in it. You can tell the Capital loved the look on his face, after all, Slater would obviously be the tribute that spills the most blood for them. Jenesis felt like vines were reaching around her body, hindering her from breathing. She felt a knot in her stomach, one Finnick or Mags couldn't make or untie. But never less, she refused to show her anxiety in a line filled with 23 other kids, including herself. So Jenesis pushed it down as she watched Slater take a seat beside Caesar.

The other Careers looked excited, almost bored even. Like they already knew what to do, like they trained for this too. Than Jenesis could see the other tributes that also looked bored out of their minds, some because they excepted their fate and don't care, and others because they simply don't care about the Careers interviews. The Careers interviews are always cocky, they sound naive saying that this is the best moment and they have been waiting for this.

Jenesis resisted the urge to turn and find Imani and Treyvon, not wanting to draw too much attention to their obvious alliance. So instead, she pressed her hands against the side of her stomach, and gazed off at the monitor in front of them.

" I have been waiting for this moments all my life Caesar." Slater said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. Jenesis could feel the boy from three stiffen in front of her, probably also taking in Slaters naive words.

" Yes! He's confident we love it!" Caesar supported, earning a round of applause from the audience. When Slaters interview was done, it was no doubt good. And the Capital seemed to love the blood thirsty tribute that would bring them most of the bloodshed.

Next, was Queen.

Her applause was filed with whistles and cheers as she walked onto the stage. Winking and what Jenesis had guessed, playing the role of sexy. It was obvious her mentors had no trouble deciding what face to give her, as she was playing her personality since the reaping.