~ Way down we go

Just want to let y'all know that the next chapter is the final chapter in the games. It will take a while.

Scene 18 | |  In order to be tortured, you must be Alive.

Life goes on, and to Jenesis Hammaz, that was the saddest part.

Dark eye bags, a sulked and terrible posture — walking through the horrid forest was none other than Jenesis Hammaz. Carrying a crumbled note and a warm loaf of bread on her. Eyes sunken. Eyes that she has not dared to close since last night. Since what occurred last night. Since her dear friend died by her own blade, by her own hands. Jenesis hasn't drifted far from the place where Imani's soul departed from her body. Her hands occasionally clutching harder around the knife that was dried of Imani's mixed coloured blood. It held poison on it, poison from Imani's contaminated blood from when she stabbed her. When she pierced her blade into her vital organ.

To conclude, she was ready.

Every single person watching could see the storm brewing in her eyes, the aura around her that dared a tribute to come to her. Something she would have totally scared The Careers off with if she had it before.

The way her hands tightened around her knife every few minutes, or how she would unconsciously twirl the knife in her hand without looking. They loved it, because Jenesis looked powerful, and that's all the surged through her muscles. Power. An itch, a bad itch to get out of this arena. Either by dying or returning home. She didn't care how it was, she just didn't want to be alive— alive in here. The way her body and mind felt was painful, and Jenesis hated it. She hated it so much.

Slowly, she came to a halt at a dark, wooden tree. One that looked slanted and old. Blinking as she gazed down at the now heavy and single bag she carried, she sat down slowly against the tree. Letting her black windbreaker rub against the bark until she was fully seated. The friction between the expensive fabric on Jenesis's skin, and the bark hurt. A pain familiar to sliding on hot metal.
Staring up at the sky with tired eyes, Jenesis slowly unclenches her fist without looking down. She had lost count of how many times she has done this action.

— Re-reading the note that was sent by her mentors.

Jenesis's eyes skimmed over the words again, and she was sure by now that she had unconsciously memorized the letter and what it said. But she didn't want to repeat it in her head — Jenesis wanted to read it physically and hold the letter. Wanting to know that the words she read aloud in her brain, were real.

" A human can survive anything as long as she sees the end. Jenesis, clear and make a new pathway — you're so close to home."

Finnick, Mags, and Blight,

Yes, thanks again.

Jenesis felt that as long as she kept re reading this letter, she could do it. District Seven had sent her a loaf of warm sesame bread, bread that currently rested in her pockets for later. Jenesis wasn't sure what she did to get a fresh loaf of bread from District Seven; technically in Jenesis's eyes, she's killed their tributes. Factually, she killed Imani. There was nothing to thank for those actions. Besides the fact that she allied with their tributes, she didn't get why they would send her anything. She felt out of place when she let the warm bread that had a
" 7" in the middle, land in her palms.