~ Newly Declared Victor

Scene 20 | | Let go of what you can't change Jenesis,

I'm not happy

I'm not happy.
I'm going to unleash a big fire. May Panem bless you when it comes.

The warm hand of a lady with dark hair cradled Jenesis's cheek. It was hot, but not in a bad way that would remind Jenesis of her hard times on the docks. It was a nice type of heat.
A heat that felt comforting almost. When she looked down at the ground below her, Jenesis expected to feel rough and dry grass at her feet. Pricking at her skin because of its dried and untrimmed ends. But instead, Jenesis felt cold floor under her at the faint touch of her toes. Panic flooded through her as she forced her eyes open. A familiar, awfully familiar, woman with dark hair looked down at her with kind eyes. Tears welded up in Jenesis's eyes as she uttered the words she didn't even believe in anymore.

" Mom?"

It was desperate and yearning. Not believing that the last woman she had in her life, the woman that gave birth to her, was with her right now. It was impossible, and Jenesis knew it.

She remembers being upside down in the tree. Her body light and her head flowing with blood like she was being suffocated by a noose. —Hanging by one in the Tree.
She recalls the Capital voice announcing her name, and that she was the winner of the Games. Of the 69th Annual Hunger Games.

Had she perhaps... died?

Had she died before they could come collect their new and precious Victor? Jenesis didn't mind the thought, and she didn't bother dwelling on it longer either. Because that would be a first in history.
Loosing and winning at the same time.
Though she highly doubted that the Capital would let the last man standing die before they could collect them. They had to have a Victor, every year. It was a must. No Victor equals no Games. No Games, no point— no point, no message to the underdogs.