Chapter Ten: The Immobiliser

After the encounter with Explorer and Tyrannocon, the gang stood by the Autobots, all of them learning so much more. However, in order to obtain some money and support each other, they decided to take up small jobs around Jasper for the time being. Velma took up a position in the library, with Fred at a workshop, while Shaggy and Scooby work at a fast-food restaurant. Daphne, meanwhile, she had gotten a position in a clothing store within Jasper, which was her calling.

For the time being, the Autobots were watching over them, and they had taken up residence in the base, much to Ratchet's disappointment. However, due to Optimus' orders, the gang were allocated to the base for their temporary home.

~*~*~

At the Autobot base, everything seems to be rather quiet and relaxed, though everyone was still on edge. Arcee and Jazz were sparring one another in a training room, while Bulkhead with Ironhide and Bumblebee are out on patrol. TurboRacer was getting himself checked over by Ratchet, Velma also helping wherever she can, Scooby, Shaggy, and Fred watching from the human area nearby. Daphne was now over at her job in Jasper.

"How bad is the damage, Ratchet?" Fred asked.

"Fortunately, the injury TurboRacer had sustained seems to not have damaged any internal system or any organs." Ratchet informed, Velma now closing up part of the blue Autobot's chestplate. "He'll be fine."

"Luckily, nothing is broken." Velma added in.

TurboRacer sat up, nodding to the two. "Well, thanks for patching me up." He got to his feet, just as Wheeljack walked in from whatever he was up to. "Hey, Wheeljack. Whatcha got there?" He asked.

"Move in closer, guys! I want you all to get a look at my new invention." Wheeljack called to everyone, the other Autobots coming in.

"What is it, Wheeljack?" Optimus questioned.

"A clever little creation I call the 'Wheeljack Instant Immobiliser'." Wheeljack announced, now revealing some kind of small orange device.

"An immobiliser

"An immobiliser..." Velma mused.

"That's something." Ironhide wondered.

"Like, what does it instantly immobilise?" Shaggy asked, Scooby nodding in agreement.

"Excellent question. It can stop any moving object in it's tracks." Wheeljack explained.

"That sounds too good to be true." Arcee shrugged.

"Will it work?" Bumblebee beeped and clicked.

"I'm still not sure of it's full potential, but once I get a larger model, boot it up to max power, it could deactivate the Decepticons permanently." Wheeljack commented.

"An instant win for the Autobots." Fred announced with a laugh.

"That seems rather dangerous to have here." TurboRacer spoke up. He turned to Optimus. "I suggest we go somewhere secluded and hidden to test the Immobiliser."