Chapter Four: Decepticon!

The next morning, Velma, Shaggy, and Scooby were all backtracking the large footprints they found, trying to see if there's anything about them. As they looked about, they did find some small metal pieces, which might not be significant, but it seemed to react with the blue fluid.

Eventually, Scooby came across what looked to be some kind of large bullet casing. It was much larger than that of a regular mortar shell, as well as having some odd symbols like writing on the bullet casing.

"Rook at this." Scooby called, pointing to the bullet casing.

"This is rather peculiar." Velma commented, picking up and eyeing the casing. "I've not seen these symbols before."

"It's not, like, Chinese or Japanese." Shaggy added in.

"I'm not sure of where these symbol came from." Velma shrugged. "We'd better go find Fred and Daphne, and tell them what we've found." She said to Scooby and Shaggy.

Shaggy and Scooby looked over to the high ledge they climbed down to get to where they were. It was going to take a bit of time for them to get back. With a bit of reluctance, the three of them start to make their long slow climb back up towards the mine.

~*~*~

Back with Daphne and Fred, the two of them decided to split up and look around the buildings of the mine, trying to see if there's anything else there. Fred headed over to the old mining elevator shacks, with Daphne going off to one of the workshop sheds.

Daphne stepped around the warehouse, looking about to see if there's any sign of any clues. So far, she did not find any that could link with the blue trail, plus the tyre tracks and large footprints, as well as the muscle car from last night. She was about to go back to Fred when she heard the rumble of an engine. With curiosity getting the best of her, she slowly began to make her way over to it. As she does so, she soon saw the same tyre tracks as from last night, and she began to follow them to outside. As she does so, she soon came across  the blue/black muscle car sitting out in the sun.

"Strange..." Daphne said to herself, looking at the car. She placed her hand against the hood, but she recoiled it when she felt it was hot. "Ouch. Why... why was it so hot?" She asked in confusion. "The engine isn't even on-"

Suddenly, she watched on as the whole car began to break apart and change form, the components of the vehicle changing shape and structure, Daphne slowly stepping back in concern and shock, as she watched on. She watched as the muscle car formed into a 21ft tall robot, then the robot knelt down on one knee, trying to show he's not hostile or dangerous.

Daphne opened her mouth to scream, but no sound emerged from her. However, there was something about this blue/black robot; he exuded a friendly aura, making her calm down. His silver face didn't hold a sneer or snarl, but a smile that reminded her of that of a teasing older brother. He didn't tower over her imperiously, but crouched on one knee in an effort to bring himself closer to her level. Also, the symbol on his chestplate seemed to be of peace rather than tyranny.

"Please." The robot spoke calmly and gently, a hand out to the purple redhead in front of him. "I mean no harm. I come in peace."

Daphne didn't scream, her eyes looking at the blue optics of the robot. She took a small step forward. "Who... are you?" She asked quietly, though the robot heard her voice.

"My name... is TurboRacer." The Autobot introduced himself to Daphne.

"Daphne, where are you-?" Fred sprinted into view, and he saw both Daphne and the Autobot nearby. "Wh-What is that?" He demanded.