Chapter Six: 'Ghosts' and Cars Pt1

Wyoming, a doubly landlocked state in the western United States. The state is the 10th largest by area, the least populous, and the second most sparsely populated state in the country. Wyoming is bordered on the North by Montana, the East by South Dakota and Nebraska, the South by Colorado, the Southwest by Utah, and the West by Idaho and Montana. The state population was estimated at 578,759 in 2019, less than 31 of the most populous U.S. cities, including Denver in neighbouring Colorado. Cheyenne is the state capital and the most populous city.

The Mystery Machine and the black/blue muscle car Autobot drove up to the town of Buffalo, not far from Bighorn National Forest. TurboRacer drove over to an alleyway not far from a garage where the gang can fill up the van. Once they were hidden, TurboRacer transformed into robot mode, stretching out his arms and legs, rolling his shoulders and joints, since he's been driving in vehicle mode for a while.

"So, we're here in Wyoming." Fred said to TurboRacer. "Do you think there could be some Autobots hiding here?" He asked.

"Possibly. My scanner's range is limited to an extent of trying to find any 'Bots." TurboRacer admitted with honesty to Fred. "By a rough estimate and guess, it's possible that maybe three or so Autobots could be hiding there." He added.

"'Possibly?' That's not a good sign coming from you." Velma pointed out.

"Maybe not, but it's the best thing we've got." Daphne spoke up, she and Scooby climbing out of the van. "If we can find any Autobots, then it's a step forward in the right direction."

"Rrue." Scooby agreed.

"Let's go and get some supplies, and we can set up camp for the evening, then be on our way to find any 'Bots." Fred suggested.

"I'll remain back here with Scooby until you guys get back." TurboRacer said to the others, shifting into alt-mode, and Scooby climbed into his passenger seat, as Fred, Shaggy, and the girls drove away to collect some food and supplies for tonight.

After a few minutes, the gang in the Mystery Machine return back to where Scooby and TurboRacer were hiding. Once they came back, it was time for them to get underway.

"What did you find?" TurboRacer asked, Scooby climbing out of his cab, and back into the van.

"Well, I've talked to some of the folks around here." Velma said to the others. "We've heard reports that these woods are full of highjackers and ghosts."

"That can't be good." Daphne commented.

"And that would explain why a few didn't say much." Fred commented, cupping his chin in thought.

"We've got a location we can relax at, so we can travel there and keep an eye out." Shaggy then spoke up, holding up a brochure of a campsite at the foot of Bighorn National Forest.

"Sounds good. We can travel there like a stakeout, and we can possibly look around for any signs of Autobots in the area." TurboRacer opted, then revved his engine. "Okay. Let's get going."

With that, the Mystery Inc. gang climbed into their van, and they drove ahead, with TurboRacer racing up after them, all six of them heading off to the campsite.

~*~*~