Chapter Twenty-Three: Ambush

Once they had returned from spending time with the Rescue Bots on Griffin Rock, TurboRacer and Mystery Inc. explained to the Autobots about Hayden, and he then explained to them about his silver energy powers. To say the Autobots were stunned by this revelation is an understatement - Ratchet was now curious about Hayden's powers, as is Indominus. Optimus was also curious, especially when Hayden showed his powers to them while hovering around them.

After taking a scan, Ratchet began to examine the unique energy readings. "This doesn't seem to make any sense..." He muttered.

"What is it?" Velma asked curiously.

"Found anything?" Ash inquired.

"Well, according to the scans, it shows Hayden is 100% human, but these energy constructs he can create..." Ratchet shook his helm. "It's unlike anything I've ever seen before. There's nothing ever seen or heard of before in Cybertronian history like this."

"That's unexpected." Fred commented.

"Agreed." Ash walked up, his spear weapon retracting away. "But with what Hayden could do, who knows what else he can perform." He stated.

Hayden lands on his feet, his silver energy wings now fading away from sight. "Well, I've only been able to do some things here and there, especially given my whole living situation before I met you guys." He shuddered.

Elita walked over and gently scooped up Hayden into her arms, holding him close to her breastplate. "It's alright, Hayden. Take deep breaths." She said softly.

"Alright." Hayden sighed in relief. "Thanks for that."

"So, what now?" Wheeljack now asked. "Especially with Hayden and his new powers?"

"I think it be best if we keep this under wraps and not say anything about it." TurboRacer suggested to them. "We can't let anyone else know about this, especially of those like Silas and MECH."

"Especially the Decepticons." Ash grunted. "None of them, especially Megatron, must not know. After seeing me in action and do some serious damage to Zurg, he's no doubt waiting for an opportunity to ambush."

"Indeed." Optimus agreed, with Hayden nodding back. "Hayden's gift is something we must keep hidden. Nobody outside of the walls of this base must never know."

"Agreed." Everyone else acknowledged back.

~*~*~

A little later, Ash was walking down the long, dark corridors, remembering where he was thanks to the tour Bumblebee and the others gave on his first day here. It took him a few minutes before he reached his destination: the SAFE.

The SAFE is a training room that is able to project hard-light constructs of Vehicons, certain Decepticons, or really anything that someone can spar against. It's a perfect place to keep in shape and be ready. Ash walks through the door to see everything in the room; the floor, the walls, and the ceiling were shrouded in bluish-white square plates. Ash turns left and looked up to see a metal control panel on the wall over fifteen feet high. No way a human could reach that high without some ladder or lift... at least no normal human.

The red-eyed teen couldn't help but smirk, him now whipping out his wings and flying up toward the panel. He stepped up to the panel and examines the controls. It wasn't too complicated. In fact, after a minute of examining it, he pretty much understood it. "Hmm... let's start off with easy, then we'll work my way up."

After inputting the commands, the bluish-white panels around the room became more vibrant. Suddenly, a single solid image of a Vehicon trooper appears in the middle of the room. Ash turned his attention to it and tightens his hands into fists, leaping down off the control panel and landing on the ground. His skin began to harden and darken, now becoming metallic-like, with black and red armour scales covering his body, his head covered in the black/red helmet.