Chapter Nine: A Ghost Dinosaur?!

Ever since Mystery Inc. had come across the heroic Autobots, they have learnt so much from their new Cybertronian friends and vice versa. The Autobots also learnt much about what they do, and how they work as a team. It was interesting for the Autobots to learn about these 'supernatural phenomena' that the gang pursue and deal with, only to unmask them to reveal the spectres and monsters to be criminals or folks just trying to gain some finances to get away from the authorities.

TurboRacer had also been caught up to speed on some events that have transpired for the Autobots, and also got information regarding ranks of those like Breakdown, Knockout, Airachnid, even Blitzwing, and Starscream. He asked to Optimus regarding Megatron, and the Autobot leader reluctantly informed to his soldier that the Leader of the Decepticons was still functional, much to TurboRacer's annoyance.

~*~*~

Today, however, is a Saturday at the Autobot base

Today, however, is a Saturday at the Autobot base. The tense of the week has settled down, though everyone was more than ready for anything that could happen. For now, everything seems calm.

Ratchet was down by the control station, Fred, Shaggy, Scooby, and the girls over by the human platform, each one of them either reading, checking the news on the TV, or even doing some light drawing to pass the time.

"Seems like today is gonna be a relaxing one." Fred said softly, not wanting to annoy Ratchet.

Velma was actually standing on the platforms nearby where Ratchet worked. She now looked over at the tunnel carved into the side of the mesa wall, that was occupied with an apparatus of ring structures.

"Ratchet, what exactly is that thing?" Velma asked to the gruff medic.

"It is known as a Groundbridge." Ratchet replied back nonchalantly.

"What's that, exactly?" Velma inquired with intrigue.

Ratchet vented a heavy sigh as he continued. "It is a scale down version of Spacebridge technology. Since we do not possess the means or the Energon required for intergalactic travel..."

"You're stuck here on Earth." Velma guessed.

"With the likes of you, yes." Ratchet replied. "But I engineered the Groundbridge to allow travel from here, to anywhere on this planet."

"Does it work for humans?" Velma queried.

"Naturally." Ratchet replied with a hint of pride.

"So, you can travel to any point across the globe in just seconds with this machine." Velma cupped her chin. "Wow, that's pretty cool and efficient."

"Indeed." Ratchet shrugged.

"I leave you guys for a few moments, and one of my new friends is now aligning herself with Ratchet?" TurboRacer joked, the others looking over to see the blue/black Autobot walking up from the hallway nearby. "Well, the world is freezing over." He joked.