Chapter 7

When Jade wakes up on Tuesday morning, she’s happy just to snuggle back into Perrie’s neck.

Yesterday was fairly busy. They drove back to London and listened to music while eating the leftover snacks, making cheeky comments about the people in the cars beside them who clearly recognized the girlband members. When they’d gotten back to their flat, they decided to do the unpacking they hadn’t when they’d gotten in before. So Jade did a laundry while Perrie organized their toiletries and electronics. Once that was done, it was nearly dinner time, so they ordered Chinese takeaway, curled up on the sofa, and watched old movies. It was nice to fully relax, just the two of them, in their home, and Jade found that simple leaning over to share a soft kiss with Perrie seemed like less and less of a big deal. It was nice. It had been a quiet night, followed by a soft make out session in bed, and then they’d drifted off, still tired from doing nearly nothing.

So now, Jade just noses at Perrie’s collarbone, allowing herself to slowly wake up, feeling Perrie’s arms instinctively tighten around her, even while the younger girl is still asleep.

Jade smiles and presses a kiss to Perrie’s neck, then decides to latch on, sinking her teeth in lightly and sucking, creating a mark she knows will be there a while. She shouldn’t, she really shouldn’t, because Perrie will be out and about and management will be angry, but Jade figures she can wear one of her high collared shirts (god, those show off her arms perfectly…) and it’ll be fine.

Perrie shifts and it makes Jade dig her teeth in slightly, something that has the younger girl fully waking up, gasping and arching into Jade’s body.

“Jadey...” Perrie says, her voice thick with sleep.

Jade breaks away to mouth down Perrie’s neck to reach her collarbone. “Hey.” She whispers, before latching on there and sucking.

Perrie makes a small noise, filled with pleasure that makes Jade’s stomach flip, and her hand flies up to grab Jade’s hair, not pushing for pulling, just entangling her fingers there.

Jade swirls her tongue over the skin when she breaks away, only to move an inch to the left and suck another hickey there, hand trailing down from Perrie’s shoulder to her chest, stomach, hip. Even in her groggy state, Perrie clearly sees where this is going and she reaches down with her free hand to grab Jade’s and stop her.

“No.” Is all she says.

“Why not?” Jade asks when she breaks away. Flicking her gaze up to Perrie, she sees her looking more conflicted than ever.

“Because, Jade. We’ve talked about this.” Perrie says, but her pupils are dilated slightly and it’s clear she wants it so badly it hurts. But she’s being Perrie Stubborn Edwards, as per usual.

“Actually, we haven’t. You’ve just made it off-limits and you won’t tell me why.” Jade deadpans, sitting up and staring down angrily.

Perrie sighs and props herself up on her elbows, pursing her lips. “I said no, Jade. Respect that.”

Jade recoils slightly and feel frustration bubble inside her. “And I want to know the reason you’re saying no, why can’t you respect that?”