Chapter 1

......

"Brandy, if you could describe your husband in one word what would it be?"

"Fearless." I said as held Terry's hands tightly as I gave him a reassuring smile.

"Well, you know what other word that could describe him?"

"And what's that?" I asked as Terry rubbed my hand.

"Guilty."

My smile quickly faded away.

Just like my life did....

Within days.

.......

Sunday, April 11, 2004

~Brandy~

"Watch your step, babe." Terry said as he unlocked the front door and held the baby's car seat.

"Ok, the girls are knocked out still." I said giggling as I walked into the house.

I put my purse down as I woke Amilyan and Aleah out of my arms.

"Go daddy. Go dad...dy." Aleah said in a sleeping voice as she tried to wave her mini Lakers flag.

"Wake up, babies. We're home. Get ready for bed, ok? Daddy and I will be up in a minute. C'mon." I said as I kissed their foreheads.

"I don't feel good, Mommy. I feel sick to my stomach." Amilyan said as she laid back on the couch. She hasn't been feeling good all night.

"You feel like you need to go to the ER, baby girl? Tell us what's wrong. Why do you feel funny?"

"I took the pill and it made me feel sick." Amilyan said as she held my hand and held her stomach.

"You have to get used to the medicine first, baby girl. Those just might be one of the side effects because your body isn't used to it." Terry said as he checked on our baby girl who was asleep in the car seat.

Yes, I just gave birth to our third child a year ago. She was our angel baby.

(L - R) Amilyan, Aleah, & Ainsley Hightower

Ainsley Grace Hightower was born 6 lbs and 7 oz on January 11, 2003. One day after her daddy won against the Cleveland Cavaliers. Ainsley has been spoiled every since she came into this world. She's so beautiful and precious. We want to hold her forever.

"You guys go ahead and get your bath water ready, ok? We will be up there in a minute." I said as I brushed Amilyan's hair back.

Amilyan got up slowly and went upstairs behind a sleepy Aleah.

"I'm going to put baby girl in her crib. I know she's already worn out." Terry said as he brushed Ainsley's hair back and kissed her forehead.

"I would wake her up for a bath, but she's sleeping so peacefully, babe. I'm gonna go ahead and go to the bathroom real quick before I check on the girls." I said as I kissed him and the baby before I went upstairs to our bedroom.