Chapter 9

Thursday, May 20, 2004

~Brandy~

"Baby girl?"

I felt soft kisses on my cheeks as my eyes slowly opened.

"Hey, my chocolate Queen." Terry said smiling as he laid beside me.

"Terry!" I said as I jumped up quickly and threw myself.

"Ow!" Terry said as he winced in pain.

I noticed a ice pack on his knee.

"Terry! What happened to your knee? It's swollen like a hundred bees attacked you!" I said as I quickly jumped off the bed and examined his knees.

"Nothing, baby, I'm fine. I'm okay. Come here."

"No! Who did this to yo—your face!" I said as I carefully noticed a band-aid under his right eye and a bruise on his left cheek.

"Not so rough, Baby." Terry said as he moved quickly due to the pain.

"Who did thi—those officers! Hell no!" I said as I went to go look for my phone, but Terry carefully grabbed my arm.

"Baby, my father is on it. He said he's getting the best attorney! We took pics of my injuries."

"Baby, we need to get medical attention on your knee! Do they not know that your whole career can mess up if you—"

"Brandy, my father is on it. It's okay." Terry said as he got up slowly.

"Let me help you." I said as I walked over to him.

Terry put his arm around me as he limped in pain.

"I can't, babe. I can't. It hurts." Terry said as he quickly sat back down and held onto the bed.

"How did you get in here?"

"That pain was hell, but I didn't care. I pushed through it because I had to come see you, babe. I'm sorry about everything they put you through yesterday. I even seen the treasure box. I know how much that meant to you. I know." Terry said as he kissed me and stroked my hair.

"It was a boy." I said looking down.

"Huh?"

"Terry, I have dreams about me holding a baby in a blue blanket and we were in this beautiful place. It was almost like Heaven. I've come to terms that I was pregnant with our son." I said as laid in his chest.

"Hey, it's okay. Maybe, we were going to have a son. Don't worry, ok? He wouldn't want his Mommy feeling like she did anything wrong. He knows that you love him. I love him. We will make sure the girls never forget about their special sibling. There isn't a day that doesn't go by that I don't think about the baby."

"I don't know if right now is a good time, but why are they charg—"

"DADDY!" Amilyan and Aleah came running in.

"Be careful, babies. Daddy's knees are hurting." I said as the girls reached for him.

Amilyan and Aleah laid in his chest.

"Daddy, we missed you! How was jail?" Aleah asked.

"No! I told you not to bring that up!" Amilyan said as she hit Aleah.

"Hey! What's the rule? Huh?" I asked as I sat on the floor and looked at them.

"No hitting each other." Amilyan said looking down.

"Aleah, what do you know about jail?"

"I know you and Mommy said it's a bad place and only bad people go there."