Chapter 7

Wednesday, May 19, 2004

~Brandy~

"Sis, these are hot!" Tessa said as she looked through the photos.

"Yes! I'm going to surprise Terry! He doesn't know I had this shoot with Vibe. I'm suppose to be the cover for July. I'm excited, Sissy!" I said smiling. I was so proud of myself.

I just received copies of my photoshoot I did for Vibe Magazine. It was a real in-depth interview about being a basketball wife and how motherhood truly is. I'm glad I got to share this moment with Tessa.

Everyone knows I didn't like Tessa at first. I mean, how would anyone react if they had two siblings they never knew about?

I did apologize for my actions and Tessa and I talk 25/8. That's my sister and best friend. My support system. My everything. Life would be crazy without my sister.

As for my brother, we don't have a relationship. He decided he didn't want to be associated with me. It's not my fault that his mom was having an affair with a married man.

"Wait, I thought Terry didn't like you doing these type of photoshoots?"

"He got mad because he caught one of the teammates on the other teams looking at me. Remember that bathing suit photoshoot I did?"

"Girl, yes. You was rocking that bathing suit."

"I was rocking that baby bump, too. I didn't even know I was two months pregnant then." I said laughing a little.

"Girl, you and Terry be popping out kids. I might need you for a surrogate." Tessa said laughing.

"Girl, sto—" I started to say, but was cut off by a loud bang at the front door.

*KNOCK* *KNOCK*

"Girl, did Terry hear me from the stadium? Who's that?" Tessa said as we looked at each other.

"I have no idea. I let Maria have a day off, so I'll get it. Hold on."

"Ok, I'll be looking at some more pictures in here."

I nodded as I skipped to the hallway.

*KNOCK* *KNOCK*

"I'm coming!" I said as I picked up a little speed.

I was confused because I wasn't expecting any company. At least not today. A nurse is suppose to come tomorrow to show us how to monitor Sean's heart monitor. We decided to allow Sean to move in with us to make sure he's taken care of himself. I'm happy because we are all worried about Sean's health.

I opened the door as I saw two cops. I saw two other cop cars pulling up.

"Yes?"

"Are you Brandy Denise Mitchell?" The first officer asked. He was a Caucasian and short man with no hair. You would've thought he and Mr. Clean were cousins.

"Um, almost. I'm married now. It's High—"

"Yeah, we know who you are. Just confirm your identity." The second police officer asked as he rolled his eyes. He was Caucasian but he was much taller than his partner.

"Sir, if you knew my identity why would I have to—"

"Ma'am, we do not have all day. Please confirm your identity."

"Yes, I'm Brandy Denise Mitchell Hig—"

"We have a warrant to search your house." The first officer said as he interrupted me and pulled out a piece of paper.