Chapter 3

Friday, April 16, 2004

~Terry~

*Knock Knock*

"Yo, come in!"

I entered my brothers hospital room with balloons and flowers along with stuffed animals.

"Hey, big bro. How you feeling?" I asked smiling as I sat everything on the edge of his hospital bed to give him a hug.

"T, you finally came." Sean said with a big smile on his face as he hugged me.

I haven't been to visit Sean since he's been in the hospital for four days. According to our Mom, Sean has improved a whole lot since he's been in here.

"Yes, I know I'm four days late, but I came to see my brother. I couldn't find the courage to see you like this." I said as I hugged my brother back.

"Well, you're here now, bro. Have a seat. I know we need to talk." Sean said as he pointed to a chair closer to the bed.

Sean was improving, but was still in ICU. I haven't really talked to my parents in four days. I'm still kind of upset at my dad for disrespecting Brandy.

"Brandy and I along with the kids got you some flowers and stuffed animals. We got you a card, too, but they are homemade. They aren't quite done yet. Amilyan and Aleah are still playing around with the glitter and glue as we both speak." I said as we both laughed as I sat the gifts on the hospital nightstand before I took a seat.

"Mom and Dad told me you know about my condition now." Sean said as he sat up slowly in the bed.

"Man, that broke me. Why didn't you tell us, Sean?"

"Terry, I wanted to tell you. I recently found out a little before we got into it back in 2002."

"Really?"

"Yes, the same night that we got into about job applications? Those were actually hospital papers to visit my cardiologist."

"I feel so stupid, bro. All this time I thought those were job applications because you didn't want me to do anything for you." I said as I shook my head.

"It's fine. Four days ago when you came over, you thought I said hotel. I was trying to ask you could you take me to the hospital. I really thought I died that time, T. I didn't think God would allow me back on Earth. He did. I was so peaceful, T. I really was."

"Well, I'm glad you came back. I honestly would've went crazy without my big brother back. I'm sorry, Bro. I really messed up. I said so many hor—"

"Lil bro, it's okay. You said it a hundred times over the phone. Come here."

I got up as Sean hugged me.

"I love you, baby boy. Always and forever, ok?" Sean said as he hugged me tight.

"I love you, too."

"Now, get yo big dusty head off me and get to practice. Don't act like we don't got playoffs tomorrow. You know Coach Jackson ain't playing that mess. We gone tear the Houston Rockets up."

"Look, we took a break and he allowed me to come check on you. Only for a hot second. I'll try to make it back when I get off, ok?"

"A'ight. You better make me proud. I'll be watching and yelling from this bed." Sean said chuckling.

"You better chill. We gotta hurry and get you home."

"Bro, stop worrying about me. I'm going to be fine. Now, go and leave. It's almost time for the nurse to give me my meds. She might be ya future sister-in-law if I play my cards right."