𝚗𝚘𝚠 𝚒𝚗 𝚖𝚢
𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚒
𝚜𝚎𝚎 𝚌𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚕𝚢

𝚊 𝚋𝚎𝚊𝚞𝚝𝚒𝚏𝚞𝚕
𝚏𝚊𝚌𝚎
𝚜𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚎 𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝚘𝚗 𝚖𝚎,

𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚍
𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎

-𝚜𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚑𝚘

Gʀᴏᴠᴇʀ ᴀɴᴅ Pᴇʀᴄʏ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ᴇʟᴇᴄᴛᴇᴅ to carry the Oracle back up to the attic

Gʀᴏᴠᴇʀ ᴀɴᴅ Pᴇʀᴄʏ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ᴇʟᴇᴄᴛᴇᴅ to carry the Oracle back up to the attic. Polaris went with them, providing moral support.

"Watch her head!" Grover warned. It was too late.

Her head made a empty, hollow noise as it collided with a stair. Dust flew, creating a cloud that Polaris accidentally inhaled. She coughed loudly. 

"Ah, man." Percy set her down and checked her head for damage. "Did I break anything?"

"I can't tell," Grover admitted.

"She does not taste good," Polaris wheezed.

They hauled her up and set her in the tripod stool, both huffing and sweating. Polaris was still coughing.

"Are you okay, Polaris?" Grover asked.

She cleared her throat. "Yeah, I'm good."

They turned back to the Oracle. She was staring straight at them with her creepy, lifeless eyes.

"Let's get out of here." Polaris decided.

The air felt lighter as soon as they climbed down the stairs and slammed the attic door shut.

"Well," Grover said, "that was gross."

He looked towards Percy, like he was trying to make him laugh. He just looked sad. Polaris turned nervously to Grover, giving him a small shrug.

"What will Chiron do?" He asked Grover.

"I wish I knew." He looked wistfully out the window. "I want to be out there."

"Searching for Annabeth?"

He turned back to face then. He blushed. "Oh, right. That too. Of course."

"Why?" Percy asked. "What were you thinking?"

He shifted his feet, hooves clopping on the floor. "Just something the manticore said, about the Great Stirring. I can't help but wonder . . . if all those ancient powers are waking up, maybe . . . maybe not all of them are evil."

"You mean Pan." Polaris realized.

Grover's life ambition was to find Pan, the god of the wild. He had been missing for over two thousand years, and no satyr that searched for him ever came back. This year, Chiron put all the  satyrs in emergency duty to find half-bloods, and Grover hadn't been able to continue his search.