𝚒 𝚜𝚠𝚎𝚊𝚛 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚛𝚜 𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚊𝚒𝚍
𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚜𝚑𝚎 𝚕𝚊𝚞𝚐𝚑𝚎𝚍
𝚜𝚠𝚎𝚊𝚛 𝚒𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚍𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚒𝚗𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚊𝚍
𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚍𝚊𝚢 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚜𝚎 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚛𝚜 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚋𝚎 𝚍𝚞𝚜𝚝
𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚞𝚜 𝚊𝚜 𝚠𝚎𝚕𝚕
𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜
𝚜𝚑𝚎 𝚔𝚒𝚜𝚜𝚎𝚍
𝚒𝚏 𝚒𝚝 𝚒𝚜 𝚝𝚛𝚞𝚎
𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚕𝚒𝚟𝚎 𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛
𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚜𝚎 𝚍𝚞𝚜𝚝𝚢 𝚜𝚔𝚒𝚎𝚜

𝚊𝚝𝚝𝚒𝚌𝚞𝚜

Pᴏʟᴀʀɪs ᴡᴀs ᴛʜɪʀᴛᴇᴇɴ ʏᴇᴀʀs ᴏʟᴅ, and she was just turned into a guinea pig

Why, you may ask?

Well, she's not subtle. Not at all. It's a problem sometimes. She was-- and is-- not an actor, she does not have a good poker face, and she cannot, for the life of her, tell a convincing lie or make up a good cover story.

Circe had tried to remedy that, of course, but it never stuck. Polaris settled for always telling the truth, so she could never be caught in a lie.

She got caught in the most important lie of her life. Honestly, she was turned into a guinea pig when caught, so obviously it carried some weight.

Polaris lived on the magical, mystical island in the middle of a Sea of Monsters, and she got there on accident. That seems to be a common theme in her life.

Circe had taken her in, promising to teach her magic, and had given her a room and three-Michelin-star meals three times a day. And all she had to do was not question Circe, like ever.

It wasn't a good gig for Polaris. She's known for having a big mouth, and she really, really likes asking questions when she wants to. Circe had lost her temper many times because of this.

(THESE ARE RED FLAGS, BY THE WAY. BIG ONES.)

So, Polaris can't lie, and so she got turned into a guinea pig. Missing a couple pages, aren't we?

She'd walked into the wrong room. This is also a reoccurring theme in her life. She has a horrible sense of direction, unless she's under a full sky of stars.

Circe was in the middle of turning a boy into a guinea pig.

The boy was probably Polaris's age, and then he was also a guinea pig.

"Oh, fuck," Polaris said. 

Circe turned toward her slowly, eyes blazing with anger. "Polaris, what in the name of the gods are you doing in here?"