♌︎

𝚃𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚛𝚝 𝚠𝚊𝚢 𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝚑𝚘𝚖𝚎,
𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝚝𝚘 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚜𝚎𝚕𝚏,
𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚜𝚎𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚜𝚎 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚍𝚜
𝚍𝚎𝚎𝚙 𝚍𝚘𝚠𝚗 𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚘 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚝,
𝑌𝑜𝑢 𝑎𝑟𝑒 𝑛𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟 𝑎𝑙𝑜𝑛𝑒.
𝙻𝚘𝚘𝚔 𝚞𝚙 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚔𝚢,
𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚖𝚒𝚕𝚕𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚜 𝚘𝚏 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚛𝚜
𝚜𝚙𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚑𝚘𝚙𝚎
𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢 𝚗𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝.
𝙻𝚘𝚘𝚔 𝚞𝚙 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚔𝚢,
𝑌𝑜𝑢 𝑎𝑟𝑒 𝑛𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟 𝑎𝑙𝑜𝑛𝑒.

𝙰𝚕𝚎𝚡𝚊𝚗𝚍𝚛𝚊 𝚅𝚊𝚜𝚒𝚕𝚒𝚞

Pᴏʟᴀʀɪs ʟᴏᴠᴇᴅ ᴄᴀᴍᴘ. sʜᴇ ʟᴏᴠᴇᴅ ɪᴛ. ʟᴏᴠᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴇ sense of community. Even now, when things were heating up, it was her home.

She and Annabeth met Chiron at the big house, telling him what happened with Percy. They went to the rec room—a mostly empty room with a ping-pong table in the middle. Clarisse was already there, laying out sheets of paper. She'd started drawing what she'd remembered from the Labyrinth. It wasn't much, but Polaris was excited to check them out. The discovery was huge.

Clarisse and Chiron weren't as excited as Polaris and Annabeth, but it didn't matter to them. Polaris couldn't imaging the things they could find there. The art, the artifacts. It was an untapped vein of potential.

Their meeting passed quickly. Clarisse wasn't very cooperative. Annabeth checked the clock and flushed. "Lost track of time. We've . . . Yeah. We've got to go."

Polaris checked the time. Yeah they had to get moving. She helped Clarisse and Annabeth pack up their stuff. Grover's trial was soon. They needed to be there.

They made their way through a tunnel of old willow trees, past a little waterfall, and into a glade blanketed with wildflowers.

A bunch of satyrs were sitting in a circle in the grass. Grover stood to the side, facing three really old, really fat satyrs who sat on topiary thrones shaped out of rose bushes. Good. It hadn't started yet.

Polaris had never seen the three old satyrs before, but she guessed they must be the Council of Cloven Elders.

Next to Grover was a pretty tree nymph, doing her best to ease his nerves. Juniper, Grover's girlfriend. Oh, Percy was going to get a kick out of this.

Before they could even reach him, the satyr elders called on him to testify. They joined Juniper just as she burst into tears. She'd finally given into the stress of comforting Grover. Both of them were pretty sensitive. Annabeth immediately began comforting her, whispering reassurances. Polaris looked around nervously. Chiron had promised to get Percy here before it began. It would really help with Grover's confidence.