𝟎𝟏𝟔

◦◦,'°.✽✦✽.◦.✽✦✽.°',◦◦

°',◦◦

◦◦,'°

◦◦,'°.✽✦✽.◦.✽✦✽.°',◦◦

Karma hesitated at the door of the Hokage's office, where Naruto's loud voice echoed through the walls, complaining about the mundane yard work missions they were assigned.

"Come on! Give us a harder mission, gramps! I'm tired of doing this yard work!" Naruto's voice rang out, and the tension in the room was palpable.

As she entered, the Hokage finally agreed to assign them a C-rank mission, and the atmosphere became even tenser when Tanzuna, the client for their mission, stumbled into the room. The pungent scent of alcohol clung to him, his presence reeking of sake.

He gripped the doorway as he walked in, "What's going on?" he asked, his eyes skimming over the four of them.

"They looked like a bunch of wet nosed brats... especially those midgets, he's got the face of an imbecile and she just looks weird," he said, sipping on his bottle of alcohol. 

Karma just sighed, she's had worse said to her so she didn't really care but for Naruto's sake, she talked back to the man.

Turning to face the inebriated man, Karma spoke with a calm but authoritative tone, "Since you bark the loudest, I assume you don't want to be escorted? Do you want to walk home yourself or be escorted safely by us? Your choice."

Tanzuna remained silent, his words suddenly failing him. Karma sighed in contentment, "Glad that we're on the same page now."

Kakashi, trying to defuse the situation, placed a hand on her shoulder and another over her mouth, he spoke with a hint of exasperation, "I apologize for my daughter's behavior, Lord Hokage..."

Karma's gaze slowly turned towards him, her thoughts swirling with the realization that Kakashi was using this clan scenario to his advantage, in ways he couldn't have before.

As they exited the village, Naruto's excitement was palpable, and he couldn't contain his joy, prancing around like a child. Sakura's patience finally reached its limit, and she questioned him with annoyance clear in her voice.

"What are you so excited about, Naruto?" she asked.

Naruto, his signature grin never fading, answered, "It's my first time outside of the village. I'm a traveler now, believe it!"

Karma couldn't help but frown, knowing all too well the struggles of convincing the Konoha council to allow Naruto to leave the village.

As they ventured further from the village, a feeling of being watched gnawed at Karma's instincts. Passing by a puddle, she noticed Kakashi looking back at her. She nodded in acknowledgment, confirming his suspicions. Suddenly, chains emerged from the puddle and snaked toward her and Kakashi, seemingly meant to 'kill' them. But the duo had anticipated this, using a substitution jutsu to conceal themselves in a nearby tree.

Reacting swiftly, Sasuke rushed to Naruto's rescue, while Sakura came to Tanzuna's side, just in time to prevent the demon brothers from getting closer. Kakashi had both brothers in headlocks, keeping them at bay.

"Are you okay, Naruto?" Kakashi asked, his concern evident. Naruto, slightly shaken, nodded and examined his hand. "Those weapons were loaded with poison. We have to get it out of your system before it infects you."

Naruto's face paled, and he started to panic, his thoughts racing. "It would be best if we stopped at the nearest town and rested there until Naruto is fully healed," Karma suggested, taking Naruto's hand gently in her own.

Naruto protested loudly, refusing to rest, but Karma paid more attention to the wound, which seemed to be healing slightly. Her focus returned to Naruto when he abruptly pulled his hand away and dug a kunai into it.

"I swear on this wound, I will protect you, even if it costs me my life!" Naruto declared, puffing out his chest and pointing at Tanzuna.

Karma's disapproving gaze interrupted his fervent speech. "Very touching and all, but if we don't stop the bleeding, you'll surely die, Naruto."

His eyes widened with fear, and he clung to her shoulder in desperation, pleading for help. She sighed and quickly grabbed the bandages from Kakashi's hand, proceeding to wrap his wound.

Once the makeshift treatment was complete, they resumed their journey toward the Land of Waves, Naruto's determination renewed, and their mission still ahead.

◦◦,'°.✽✦✽.◦.✽✦✽.°',◦◦