𝟎𝟑𝟕

◦◦,'°.✽✦✽.◦.✽✦✽.°',◦◦

°',◦◦

(Look at baby Karma😭😭😭)

◦◦,'°.✽✦✽.◦.✽✦✽.°',◦◦

"Listen, Kakashi, I've held this secret between me and the Hokage for all nine years of my life. You'll have to swear that you won't tell anyone else."

"...I swear."

"Alright. Well, you've heard of the raid on Orochimaru's hideout six years ago, I presume?"

"Yes, I do," he said, growing more interested at the mere mention of the lost sannin.

"Well, in that hideout, they discovered traces of various children from different villages between the ages of 5-12."

"And you were one of those children?" he inquired.

"Mhm. The other children were never found, but one remained. But do you want to know what was interesting about that child?"

"What?" he asked.

"She happened to be the daughter of Azami Jambai, who had been sent away for 'clan purposes' years before," she looked over at Kakashi to see if he comprehended. "Before the whole Orochimaru incident, I was a participant in the ROOT Leaf Anbu training program, which I assume you already know about?"

He nodded. "So Azami sold you to Orochimaru after the program was shut down by the Hokage." he wondered even further, the man had never revealed the name of children, let alone let anyone know how many he had.

"My father is a terrible man, Kakashi. He desired nothing but power. If his son wasn't going to provide what he wanted, he knew that I was his only option."

"And may I ask what experiments were conducted?" he queried, ignoring the fact that she had just mentioned a other person in her family.

"Of course, Orochimaru would provide these kids with things like chakra boosters and enhanced limbs, then send them out on missions. If they returned, he'd continue to experiment on them.
But when fewer of his servants began to return from missions, he realized he had to focus on the most important one of all—me."

"Then how do you explain the Kekkei Genkai you possess?" he tilted his head to the side.

"Orochimaru combined the DNA of the Senju, Uchiha, and Hyuga clans from corpses . He concocted the mixture into a syringe and injected me with it as a last-ditch effort before the Leaf ninja raided his hideout hoping that one day I would seek him out . After the training program and experiments were shut down, my father had no idea how to train me. He decided to follow Orochimaru's methods, which happened to be a particularly cruel and outdated approach."

"That explains a lot," he exhaled.

"Yeah," she gazed down at Sasuke before walking away. It felt relieving to share her secret.

"But..." she halted in her tracks. "What about everything else?" he asked.

"And what do you mean by 'everything else'? There isn't much more to know about me," she replied.

"I mean your hair," Kakashi said. "And your eyes, and the training by the book? Along with the mask." He articulated the last two sentences, aware that he was pushing the boundaries.

She sighed, "None of this can leave this room. Do you understand?" He nodded. "I look as I do because I escaped from the darkness. My brother and I both did." Kakashi appeared puzzled.

"The people in my clan aren't born with white locks and violet eyes. We possess the outward appearance of any regular person." She paused, making sure she hadn't accidently told him her clans name.

"From infancy, we are taught that death and murder are fair. We're indoctrinated with ancient jutsu used by gods to vanquish other gods. We're randomly selected for the ritual and forced to kill a loved one, then entombed in a box surrounded by darkness. Days pass, and madness takes hold. Slowly, the abyss becomes a part of you. Your black locks turn to white, signifying the black abyss being absorbed into your body, and our eyes turn violet to signify loyalty. I would resemble my parents if my mother hadn't rescued me from the box three days before I was supposed to depart. But even in three days, I looked and felt like a different person."

She avoided eye contact. "Seeing the effect that the ritual had on me, my brother was consumed by fear and left with my mother to live in the Leaf village. My father, being the horrible man he was, wouldn't allow me to leave and made me complete the clan's training regimen. Once we came to the Leaf village to live with my mother, he immediately put me to work and convinced the Hokage to promote me to a Jounin so I could become an Anbu a year later."

"At seven? Geez, I thought the youngest was Itachi Uchiha, but I guess you've outdone him," he scratched the back of his neck sheepishly and let an awkward silence envelop the room. "...What was the box like?" he asked, breaking the silence.

"Quiet and dark. After a few days, you start to imagine voices talking to you," she said, shivering at the recollection.

"Hmm. I apologize for bringing this all up again," he said, bowing slightly.

She waved her hand dismissively. "It's perfectly fine. I have to explain this to the Hokage all the time because he refuses to write anything down in a scroll."

"And why is that?"

"It might fall into the wrong hands." Her eyes pierced Kakashi's through her mask, making him shudder. She pointed her finger at the boy who still lay in the center of the room. "You'd better take him to a hospital."

"Yeah," he sighed. "See you." She waved, her warning still ringing in his ears.

"She needs serious help," he grimaced.

◦◦,'°.✽✦✽.◦.✽✦✽.°',◦◦