𝟎𝟐𝟕

◦◦,'°.✽✦✽.◦.✽✦✽.°',◦◦

°',◦◦

◦◦,'°

◦◦,'°.✽✦✽.◦.✽✦✽.°',◦◦

"Yes, I will," Tsunami smiled warmly and waved them off as they set out.

"Super! Let's go," Kakashi enthusiastically led the group toward their destination.

Four out of the five members of Team 7 joined Tanzuna to resume building the bridge. Despite Karma waking up with a sense of foreboding, she chose to dismiss it for the day.

Upon their arrival at the bridge, they were met with a grim sight. The bridge builders lay face down and motionless. Tanzuna rushed to one of the workers, cradling his head in his lap, blood flowing from the man's face.

"What happened!?" Tanzuna demanded answers.

"A monster," the injured worker whispered, his fear palpable.

Karma's eyes widened, wondering if it was already the person she suspected. "Here they come!" she urgently alerted her team.

They swiftly organized themselves into a Manji formation, but anxiety hung heavy in the air. Beads of cold sweat formed on Kakashi's brow.

"Kakashi, this is the Hidden Mist jutsu, right?" Karma inquired, her eyes darting to her teammates, all of whom wore expressions of fear, even Sasuke who was trembling once more.

"Long time no see, Kakashi... I see you're still with those brats, ah... look that's ones shaking." Zabuza sneered, his clones materializing around them.

"I'm shaking from excitement!" Sasuke declared bravely.

"Do it, Sasuke," Karma encouraged. Sasuke dashed around their formation, slashing each of Zabuza's clones.

The real Zabuza observed from the sidelines, accompanied by the masked 'Hunter Ninja.'

"Hmm... He saw right through the water clones. The brat has grown. Looks like you have a competitor, eh, Haku?" Zabuza remarked.

"It does indeed," Haku replied.

"That masked one... He's Zabuza's comrade, standing right next to him," Kakashi pointed out.

"I'll fight him," Sasuke declared. "Tricking us with that stupid act. I hate bastards like that."

"Eee! You're so cool, Sasuke!" Sakura exclaimed.

"An impressive young man... Even though the clones have only a fraction of the real one's strength. Still very impressive. But we have gained the first advantage. Go!" The masked individual next to Zabuza spun rapidly, creating a mini-tornado that charged at Sasuke. They clashed blades and leaped away from each other.

"Sakura, step in front of Tanzuna, and don't leave my side. We'll let Sasuke handle him," Karma directed.

"I don't want to have to kill you, but you won't stand down, will you?" Sasuke said.

"Don't be foolish," Haku scoffed.

"I see, but you won't be able to keep up with my speed next time. Plus, I've already gained two advantages," Sasuke explained.

"Two advantages?" Haku inquired.

"The first is the water on the ground, and the second is that I occupied one of your arms. You will now only be able to evade attacks," Haku continued, signing with one hand, which fascinated Karma, who made a mental note to practice one-handed jutsu when she returned to the village.

Needles made of water shot up from the ground, aimed at Sasuke. She saw Sasuke place his hand in a half-tiger seal and close his eyes, clearly concentrating his chakra into his feet. Karma realized what he was about to do.

Suddenly, the jutsu dissipated, and Haku was flung backward, while Sasuke seemed to have vanished. Shuriken were embedded in front of Haku, who slid to the side and stood up, only to find Sasuke behind him.

"You're pretty slow... From now on, you will only be able to run from my attacks," Sasuke taunted. He grabbed a kunai and swung it, but Haku ducked, thinking he was safe.

Sasuke, however, managed to kick him and sent him flying toward Zabuza. "Looks like I have the advantage in speed," Sasuke boasted.

"I can't have you underestimating my team. Sasuke is the Leaf Village's #1 rookie, Sakura is the brightest in the village, Sora is... well, let's not dwell on that, and the other one is the showoff hyperactive #1 loudest ninja in the village," Kakashi declared.

"Hehe... Haku, do you realize at this rate we'll be driven back?" Haku nodded, an icy aura surrounding him.

"Yeah... We can't let that happen," he agreed, ready for the intense battle ahead.

◦◦,'°.✽✦✽.◦.✽✦✽.°',◦◦