TWO

"Janet Price? Alexis, that sounds like the name of s second grade teacher

"Janet Price? Alexis, that sounds like the name of s second grade teacher." Ryan said over the phone.

"I know, but at least they found a name! Now all I have to do is research. Lots of it. Then I'll be able to find her and ask her all of these questions and—."

"Lex, Lex, Lex, slow down. This is great and all, but isn't she off the grid? And hasn't no SHIELD agents found her? Not even the best ones?" Ryan asked.

"Sure, but the Avengers have done what SHIELD couldn't and I'm an Avenger. I can find my mother, I'm sure of it!" Alexis exclaimed.

"Well, good luck. And I'll be home soon, so maybe I can help you." Ryan shrugged.

"Great. I'll see you soon, Ry. Love you."

The two then ended the phone call and Alexis then dialed another number.

"Ah, my mini-me! How's training going?" Tony answered the phone.

"Hi, Dad. I know Mom's name." Alexis blurted.

She wanted to cut straight to the chase. This could be her one chance to piece her life together and find out who she really was, which she couldn't do if her Dad wanted to make small talk.

"What?" Tony asked.

"Mom's name. It's Janet Price. We just need to find—."

"Alexis, your mother is dead." Tony interrupted.

Alexis's heart sunk. It felt like it was falling fifty miles per hour. Her phone then slipped out of her hand and fell to the floor.

"Baby Stark, you still there?"

Anger rose in Alexis's chest and she picked up the phone, ending the call.

She stormed out of her room and went to see Steve again.

"She's not 'off the grid,' she's dead! She's gone! And I'm never gonna find out who I really am, so I'm stuck wondering why I'm the way I am and how the hell I came to be. I just wanna know who the fuck I am!" Alexis screamed.

Tears started falling out of her eyes and Steve took her into his strong arms.

"I'm sorry, Alexis." Steve apologized.

Alexis didn't say a word, she just continued to cry.

"I want you to know that just because you don't have your mother, doesn't mean you can't figure out your identity. You are Alexis Stark, or Miss Phantom, master of invisibility, possession, intangibility, and now you can even teleport! You don't need your mother to know that, you're already a good enough person, Alexis." Steve ranted.

Alexis pulled away and nodded, but she still wasn't satisfied.

She made her way back to her room and decided that she would take the researching into her own hands.

She first started with Tony, which led to herself since she was his daughter. She then decided to track her bloodline, putting in her own name and her parents name.

Finally, her family history came up. Her mother didn't have much family, and most of them were deceased. Of course, Howard and Maria were also deceased, but Alexis already knew that.

She clicked on Janet's name and a bunch of knew information came up along with a picture of a ginger woman.

"Mom." Alexis whispered, tracing her finger over the screen.

She hadn't looked anything like her mother, clearly getting all of her father's looks, but her mother was beautiful nonetheless.

It was no surprise to Alexis that her father had gotten with Janet at one point, she was breathtaking. She was surprised that Janet wasn't out of his league.

Alexis then started reading about her mother and how she was the top of her class and incredibly smart. She was also part of a sorority had had a huge impact on it.

Alexis scrolled through the college stuff, including the part that said she was involved with Tony Stark at one point, until she got towards the bottom of the article.

"'Janet's secret, though, was that she was born with the X-gene, but never able to unlock her full potential. This gene would be passed down to her offspring in the future.'" Alexis read. "Oh my god."

Alexis then stood up and Wanda entered the room. Alexis looked over at her girlfriend with wide eyes.

"Alexis, mon amor, is everything alright?" Wanda asked.

"I have the X-gene. My mom passed it down to me." Alexis informed.

"How do you know?" Wanda furrowed her eyebrows.

"I did some research of my own and I found more information about my mom which lead to me finding out that I have the X-gene." Alexis explained.

"I'm glad you found out this information. At least now you have closure." Wanda nodded.

Alexis half-smiled at her girlfriend.

"Well, I had Natasha plan something for us, so come on." Wanda grabbed her hand.

"What do you mean?" Alexis raised her eyebrows.

"Just follow me. And close your eyes."

Wanda then used her powers to close Alexis's eyes.

"I can close my own eyes, Wanda." Alexis reminded.

Wanda chuckled and pulled her girlfriend along with her. Alexis could tell that they were going outside, but she wasn't sure exactly where they were going.

"Open your eyes." Wanda directed once they stopped walking.

Alexis's eyes fluttered open to see a picnic set up for them just outside of the compound.

"Wanda, this is beautiful!" Alexis gasped.

"Just like you." Wanda responded.

Alexis turned around and gave her girlfriend a kiss on the lips before sitting down with her.

Wanda took our some strawberries and Alexis poured them some sparkling cinder.

"Cheers to us." Alexis smiled.

They clanked their glasses together, then each took a sip before sharing a kiss.

Wanda plucked a strawberry and fed it to Alexis, who took a bite, a little bit of juice dripping down her chin.

"Shit, that's really juicy." Alexis said.

Wanda giggled and wiped the juice off of Alexis with her thumb, slowly dragging her thumb across her lips.

Alexis then stared into Wanda's sparkling, green eyes and pressed her lips against Wanda's, each of them getting the taste of strawberries.

The two made out for a while, Wanda's lips traveling down to Alexis's neck, then to her shoulders, leaving a trail of small kisses.

The two then proceeded to lay down together and stare up at the sky, Wanda mentally preparing herself for their mission the next day and Alexis thinking about the X-gene.