TEN

Alexis woke up in the hospital, lying in one of the beds

She looked around, letting out a couple of deep breaths and looked over to see her father, a sling on his arm.

"Dad? Where's Wanda?" Alexis asked.

Tony stood up. "Baby Stark."

He walked over and hugged his daughter.

"We lost, didn't we? Steve got away and I...I lost her..." Alexis trailed off.

Tony pulled away and bent down to look into Alexis's eyes.

"We have bigger things to worry about, kid. You're awake, so I'm having you discharged." Tony nodded.

Alexis swallowed and looked to the floor, really wondering if he was right about having bigger things to worry about. Besides Wanda, which was Alexis's bigger concern, the only things on her mind were Bucky and her mother Janet.

Tony had still felt slightly guilty about not telling her about her mother, and sighed, ready to finally get rid of the guilt.

"She died during childbirth." Tony confessed.

"What?" Alexis furrowed her eyebrows.

"Your mother. Janet Price. She died giving birth to you." Tony clarified.

Alexis sat up straight and shook her head.

"No. It's my fault? I killed my mother?"

"Mini-Stark, you did not kill your mother. There was some complications, but it wasn't your fault, so do not blame yourself for one second. Mother's dying during childbirth is not uncommon, and although that probably makes you feel worse, you didn't kill Jan. You did not kill my Jan."

Alexis sniffled and threw her arms around Tony.

"Alright, kid. Now, let's get you discharged from this check-up. The chopper's waiting, we've got somewhere to go."

Alexis rubbed her eyes. "Oh no, what mess are you getting us into this time?"

"No mess, just an investigation." Tony replied.

"Fine." Alexis sighed.

She had been discharged into the hospital and the two went to the roof and got in Tony's probate helicopter.

"You know, when I was younger, I should've took advantage of your private jets and your private helicopters because I could've done so much with it." Alexis mentioned.

"Ah, now that's what I like to hear. You think like me, kiddo, you think like me." Tony smiled.

"Never mind, I think I'm fine with not stealing your private property. Also, shouldn't you be 'investigating?'"

"Right. FRIDAY?"

"The Task Force called for a psychiatrist as soon as Barnes was captured." Friday started.

Alexis still got shivers up her spine when Bucky was mentioned whatsoever.

"The UN dispatched doctor Theo Broussard from Geneva within the hour. He was met by this man." Friday continued.

Friday then showed them an image of a man who had similar features to Bucky. They had similar face shape and jawlines, as well as the same eye shape and amount of facial hair, though this man's was lighter. The only difference they really seemed to have was their hair and a few other small details.

"Did you run focal recognition yet?" Tony asked Friday.

"What do I look like?" Friday sassed.

"Uh, I don't know. I've been picturing a redhead." Tony answered, jokingly.

"You must be thinking of someone else." Friday replied.

"Yeah, someone like Natasha Romanoff. So, can we cut to the chase?" Alexis rolled her eyes.

"The fake doctor is actually Colonel Helmut Zemo. Sokovian Intelligence. Zemo ran Echo Scorpian, a Sokovian covert kill squad." Friday informed.

"So what happened to the real Broussard?"

"Don't tell me..." Aledis trailed off.

"He was found dead in a Berlin hotel room where police also found a wig and facial prosthesis approximating the appearance of one James Buchanan Barnes." Friday finished.

"S-so Bucky didn't do it." Alexis breathed, another shiver being sent up her spine.

"Son of a bitch." Tony muttered. "Get this to ross."

"Yes, boss." Friday complied.

Just as the chopper stared to circle around the water, a building rose up from underneath and the chopper landed inside.

"Where are we now?" Alexis raised her eyebrows.

"You'll see." Tony whispered.

He stepped out of the helicopter and walked over to Ross.

"So? You got the files? Let's reroute the satellites, start facial scanning for this Zemo guy." Tony said.

"You seriously think I'm gonna listen to you after that fiasco in Leipzig. You're lucky you're not in one of those cells." Ross responded.

Alexis jumped out of the helicopter and ran over to her dad.

"T-they found-d them?" Alexis stuttered.

Tony nodded at his daughter and followed Secretary Ross, Alexis quickly keeping up, suspense and anticipation creeping up on her as she got closer to the cells.