SIX

"You love me?"

"You love me?"

Alexis looked over at her door, then back at the window.

Wanda walked over and sat on Alexis's bed. "Mon amor."

"Are you reading my mind?" Alexis asked.

Wanda shook her head. "No, I know you wouldn't want me to, but I do want you to know that I love you too."

Alexis picked her head up.

"You do?"

Wanda nodded and intertwined their hands.

"Is or do early for us to love each other?" Alexis asked.

"Well it has been close to a year since we've met so, I don't think so." Wanda shook her head.

Alexis smiled and kissed Wanda.

The two then sat there, admiring each other.

"Wanda." Alexis spoke up.

"Hm?" Wanda raised her eyebrows.

"No one dislikes you, by the way."

Wanda tilted her head. "Thanks?"

"What I mean is you're strong and powerful and I know that people can be scared of you because of that, which they shouldn't be beeches your would never purposely hurt anyone, you're on the good side and I just want to protect you." Alexis explained.

"Are you?" Wanda asked.

"Am I what?" Alexis raised her eyebrows.

"Afraid of me." Wanda responded.

"Hey, Red, didn't I just tell you that I loved you?" Alexis answered.

Wanda laughed slightly at her girlfriend. "I guess that's true. I used to think of myself one way, but after this, I am something else. I'm still me, I think, but...that's not what everyone else sees."

Wanda then showed Alexis her powers, a red energy coming out of her hands.

"It's what I see." Alexis whispered and kissed Wanda's hand.

"I know, but, you're not the whole world." Wanda frowned.

"Listen, for the longest time I never understood my powers. Why I had them and my supposed 'brother' didn't. Then I found out that Tony's my dad and that I got my powers from my mother, but I can't meet her ever and find out about the X-gene and who I really am." Alexis explained.

"It sucks, doesn't it?"

Alexis nodded and looked away.

"You know, why don't you and I do something to cheer us up. We can even cook something together or bake." Wanda shrugged.

"You know what, that sounds fun." Alexis nodded.

"Alright, I'll go to the store to pick up some things and be back in twenty minutes."

Wanda went to stand up, but Alexis teleported, stopping her.

"No!"

Wanda tilted her at her girlfriend yet again, her eyebrows furrowed.

"Why don't we just order a pizza or something and do something else. Like arts and crafts or something like that." Alexis suggested.

"Alex, are you not letting me leave?" Wanda asked.

"It's not safe for you right now, Wands, it's not. And I want to protect you from this harsh world so people can see you the way I do and love you, though not as much as I do." Alexis answered.

Wanda bit the inside of her cheek and nodded, then stepped passed Alexis, walking out of her bedroom.

Alexis sighed and looked down at her feet. She didn't want to have to do that to Wanda, but she knew she had no other choice. She needed to protect her.

With nothing else left to do, she decided to try to find out her mother's cause of death, to at least have some kind of closure.

She took out her laptop and searched for her mother's name yet again, mostly college stuff popping up like before.

"Miss Stark, you have a call waiting." FRIDAY said.

"Who is it?" Alexis asked.

"Tony Stark, your father." FRIDAY replied.

"Send it through." Alexis sighed.

"Alexis? How's Wanda doing?" Tony asked.

"Fine. Upset that I don't want her to leave leave, but fine." Alexis shrugged.

"Good, good. That's what I wanted to talk to you about. Keep her there in the compound." Tony ordered.

"Uh-huh."

Alexis was only half-listening, trying to scroll through her laptop, but couldn't find the answers she was looking for.

"Kid, you listening to me?" Tony asked.

"How did Mom die?" Alexis asked.

"What?"

"How did she die? Mom? Janet Price?"

"Lexis—."

"Dad, please. This will be all I know about her. I need closure."

"Fine. She—. Shit!"

"Hello?"

"Alexis I've gotta go."

"Dad—."

"We'll talk later."

Just then, Tony hung up and Alexis groaned. She lied her head back on her pillow, feeling frustrated that she couldn't get any answers about anything.