Epilogue

They are two months in and Reid is doing okay considering what happened but not okay by society standards. If he can he buries his nose into a book, there is hardly anything Morgan can do with him where he doesn't, it's either reading or working.

They tried a therapist or rather a therapist office consisting of two and it went wrong the minute it was a women eventhough Morgan had specifically said it was better if he would be a patient with the man and when that was changed and Reid opened up, the man questioned if that really happened like Spencer told him so that went horrible and was something Morgan will have to spend an enormous amount of energy on to get him to try another one.

"Hey stop that, not at breakfast." Morgan takes the book out of Reid's hands while walking by and he immediately grabbed it again. "You can ten minutes without it c'mon."

"Why is it so goddamn hard for you to just let me read?"

"Because I would like to have a normal conversation with you once in a while."

"Not now."

"Reid please." Morgan watches him open the book again and getting back to were he was stopped.

It took one more month for them to have a dinner at JJ's where Reid does not wear his earbuds and reads while he is eating and Morgan could have cried in that moment.

He had expected for him to do the opposite but instead he is sitting there eating his soup while the earbuds are laying on the book next to him.

"I am proud of you." Morgan tells him when they come back to the house that night.

"What for?"

"Just in general."

"Oh,thank you."

Another month later Spencer had finally settled down with a therapist and to the surprise of Morgan it was a women and the two work amazing together.

They is always the discussion when he had to go but when he comes back out of the room he always seemed okay.

And then for some reason it looked suddenly like all the hard work was gone again. Not that it was but for the people involved it felt like it.

JJ had touched him lightly and he shot up in his seat pushing her hand off and moving back from her. "Reid what's going on?" Hotch asks putting the picture in his hand down and walking around the round table but he didn't answer but also didn't flinch when Hotch touched him and guided him down on another chair. "It's okay, nothing happened."

"Sorry." He bits out.

"Its alright. JJ is alright."

"Not JJ."

"JJ isn't the problem?" Spencer shakes his head. "Can you tell me what it is?"

"Picture."

"The picture in your file?" He nods and JJ immediately goes around the table turning all of them around. "Can you tell me what is wrong about that picture?"

"The scars."

"From the victim?"

"Yes."

"What about them?" Hotch is holding Spencer's arms with a firm grip grounding him but still letting him the option to stim if he needs to and he does, snapping his fingers a couple of times. "Take your time."

"I have some they look like this too."

"You do?"

"Yeah. Three."

"I didn't know that. I am sorry I would have given you a heads up." Hesitating Hotch moves one hand up and down. "You want to tell me were you got scars like that?" The scars that could be seen on the picture were old already white ones spread over the victims torso probably not even related to the murder.