Chapter 18

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ

Word Count: 6325

Enjoy~

------

In times of warfare, you never thought that unadulterated boredom would be the leading emotion to consume you. Sure, there was uneasiness, fear, and worry following through your bloodstream as well, but it all seemed to be muted by boredom.

It was strange to feel this way.

After all, the last time you were in this situation, you were fighting for your life. Whereas now you were forced to sit at the edge of a strange precipice of uneasiness. There was a chance that you could die tonight. Then again, there was a chance that you would see nothing. Do nothing. A very bizarre position to be in, to say the least.

Laying on the bed, your eyes felt heavy as your fingertips played with the dagger that was laying next to you. Sleep sounded so welcoming at the moment. The thought of taking a nap made a soft titter escape you. Were you the first person on the planet to think that napping while a war was knocking at your front door?

However, no matter how ennui overcame you became, your eyes never left the closed opening of the hut. Impatiently waiting for either an unknown invader or for a boisterous bloody Bakugou to bust through. At times, you debated which would be the better option. To be faced with an unknown demon or to deal with the fiend you already knew.

Based on the little information you did know about the unknown invaders, Bakugou was the superior option of the two. Scrunching your nose, you tried to think of a group of beings that even Bakugou found vile. Indeed, earning such a placement in the blond's mind must be reserved for the most despicable humans on the planet.

But maybe they would make it a swift ending for you.

Who were you kidding?

Even if they were to grace you with that choice, you'd fight them to the bitter end.

You had to for Kota.

Maybe you messed up.

Maybe you shouldn't have immediately jumped on board with whatever is happening and went with whatever they had prepared. Perhaps letting Todoroki take Kota would be your biggest. He could have been safer with you-- where you could see him. Fight to the death for him. You didn't know if Todoroki would be willing to go to that length for the child.

Or the two of you could have escaped. Seamless if you enlisted the help of Todoroki.

Your disappearance could have just been easily chalked up to being captured by the impending enemy. Shuffle up the room, make it look like you put up a decent fight; hell, maybe bless the crafted image with some blood to make it look more realistic.

It could have worked.

Yet, the sights of the aftermath of your grand escape plan flashed through your mind made you feel odd. A joyous Bakugou turned infuriated than a...frantic Bakugou. That Bakugou distraughtly scouring the room to discover and piece together the story of what happened in the small abode before charging outside and calling together a search party.

Why was your mind entertaining this alternate timeline?

Why did your chest hurt the way it did? All because of him?

He is vindictive, evil, far too prideful for his own good, and constantly surrounded in a wrathful haze.

He is shy, oddly endearing when he tries to be nice, truthful, protective to a fault, and hurt deeper than he even knows-