Chapter 13

(づ。‿‿)

Word Count: 4112

Also special shoutout to @Brownbear626 for all of the amazing artwork they have made for this book so far! Please do check it out :)

Anyways onto the next chapter!

Enjoy~

---

After consoling Mitsuki for a while longer, she slowly returned to her usually spritely self. Once the peppy blonde was back into her usual mood you immediately thanked her for the beautiful piece of artwork she gave to you to which you learned an interesting fact. She had based the design on one of the skirts that they had pillaged from your tribe making the piece the perfect blend of both cultures.

And for you, that fact made the bracelet even more special.

Admiring the silver piece once more, you went back to your own jeweler work becoming engrossed with it, from every turn of metal to gem placement. You were determined to match Mitsuki's work blissfully ignoring the truth that she had years of practice with the craft while you had only had two weeks of experience at best.

The opening of the heavy cloth of the Bakugou household brought with it a shivering coldness. Hearing his heavy steps approaching, you carefully placed your hard work in your bag, hiding from the his curious and observant vermillion eyes. He was always trying to sneak peek of it.

"You know you can't see it, puffer-"

Annoyance that once boiling overturned to ice when you finally gave your attention to the intruder that had entered the abode.

"-fish."

This was bad. Really bad.

It wasn't your secretly lethal pufferfish that had swam into the home.

Instead, it was perhaps the fiercest shark that lurked in the depths of this tribe. A great white that was constantly circling its prey. Waiting for an opportunity to strike. And today, he determined that now was the time to attack.

Those piercing mismatched piercing jewels glowering into you was more than enough to prove it.

"T-Todoroki?" You croaked.

"Todoroki, what brings you here?" Mitsuki piped up as she wiped the table clear. The metal clanging against one another while shining stones rolled to the edges, teetering with the idea of going over and ruining their bright gleam.

"It's dinner and I saw that (L/N) wasn't there yet so I came to collect her." The placid male explained in a matter of fact matter as he rounded the corner catching a random stone from its jump and placing it back on the table.

One of your brows made its own jump, "It's dinner time?"

Rising from her seat, Mitsuki unknowingly strutted over to the hut entrance. Ripping the door open, the flutter of the cloth revealed that the sky was indeed had been inked a dark coral blue hue. A pillar of smoke fogged the sky, proving that dinner was indeed in full swing.

"Well look at that, time really does fly when you are having fun," Mitsuki teased letting the curtain close off the outside world once more.

"Where's Bakugou then?"

If dinner was already happening then that meant that the angry blond had to be just around the corner, ready to save you from the great white that desperately wanted to take a bite of you.