Chapter 6

(づ。‿‿)

Word Count: 4575

Enjoy~

----

Throughout the rest of the day, you felt whispers of that weird stare, and no matter where Bakugou dragged you, you couldn't pinpoint the culprit. The mysterious gaze followed after through most of your tour through the rest of the tribe grounds. You ignored the prickling sensation on your neck as best you could, you didn't want to attract more of Bakugou's attention of something being off like he had earlier at breakfast. It seemed that your stalker grew bored of you when you Bakugou began to introduced you to different elders or people of importance as you felt the cold eyes leave you.

Time passed by in a blink of an eye and you were exhausted from the whirlwind of introductions along with having to put up with Bakugou. You couldn't wait to sit down and enjoy your dinner. You welcomed the relaxing sensation of sitting, your knees popping as you settled down next to the blond. Again, you felt his signature move -- a thick steamy paw on your thigh.

Picking over your food, which he insisted on making for you again, you were grateful to see that he hadn't place that dreaded red paste on your plate again. It seemed that he was taking note of what you did and didn't like based on the earlier plates that he had prepared for you.

"Alright," shifting closer to you he began his lesson, "Is there anything on the plate that you do know?"

After making the embarrassing request of asking for more of the sweet red balls that he had gotten you for breakfast. Instead of teasing you over your lack of knowledge, Bakugou said nothing and left to fulfill your request. He returned with much more than just the red balls you had asked for. Setting the plethora of food in front of you, he sat next to you explaining all the different foods that were on it, starting with the red balls, which were called raspberries.

You had to say that Bakugou's teaching style was...different but extremely effective. Despite all his hollering and light slaps on your thigh when you got something wrong, he was incredibly patient with you and your struggle to memorize all of the various foods.

You started off strong. You were able to list off most of the things on the plate because you had recognized from your old tribe's cuisine. Now, you were at the hard part.

You were down to one pile of mixed vegetables all of its components were familiar from his lessons. In addition, there were two new items that you had no clue what they were. One pile was a white meat of some sort and the other a pile was a group of green stems where at the tips sprouting into bunches that resembled the tops of forests.

"Well," you pointed a finger to one of the mixed pile that was somewhat new to you, "that's corn, ah, and..those are carrots there and this is...zu-" the soft slap on your thigh made you freeze and rethink your answer, "squash."

"Good, you remember the ones from earlier," extending his arm he brushed against you to point at the unknown meat on your plate, "this is pork. It won't bleed or be as gamey like the bear you had for lunch today, so you should like it," he then went on to the last pile on your plate, "this is broccoli, got it?"

"Yeah, I got it." You glared at the green forests and pale meat, committing them to memory. Not bothering to move away from you, both of you started in on your meals. Your arms grazing against one another at times while your legs stayed touching.

Taking a bite of the meat you were pleased to find out that Bakugou had been right about it. It was tender and juicy and lacked the weird irony taste that the past unknown meats have had. It's crusted seasoning was bursting with flavor thanks to the robust spices and herbs they were rubbed on to it.