Chapter 8

(づ。‿‿)

Word count: 3708

Enjoy~

----

Arriving at the falls was a euphoric experience for you.

Although it wasn't the typically salty smell you were accustomed to, the smell of this earthy water still reminded you of home, specifically your getaway place with Kota and Midoriya. Looking at the expansive lake it was daresay neverending when you stood at the rocky shore. If you hadn't been able to see the full thing on the way to it you would have mistaken it as a lost piece of the ocean.

At the shore, you were hoping that the spray from the decent falls would coat your body with welcoming arms like the sea did but you were not that fortunate. This spray was more like a burst of random droplets like a tap on the shoulder -- regardless you welcomed it. And when it came to entering the cold water, you embraced it.

Feeling the frigid water against your skin made a sigh of nostalgia escaped you.

You never released how much you love something until its gone.

Following the others with wooden buckets in tow, you mimicked their movements once you got knee-deep. Filling your bucket, the same way the others did, you noticed just how clear the water was and the subtle tint of blue that was in it. You had the rare treat of being able to see your wiggling toes. A smile turned up on your lips--this water was much clearer than the ocean or your getaway.

Once the buckets were full, all of the women rushed back to shore leaving you marooned in the calm waters. On land, they all started what they came here to do and that was to wash away all the grime that they had collected over a few days work.

Tilting your head you watched the group chat away on the shore while holding your heavy bucket of liquid. Hearing what Kota said was odd enough but seeing it was mystifying.

Glancing over your shoulder, you looked at the crystal water that was taunting you to join it. In your humble opinion, it would be rude to deny such an offer from the cousin of the sea. Running up the shore you loaded off your bucket just close enough inland that it would be swept away with by current. In turn, you stripped yourself of all the fabric you were currently wearing giving it a good chuck up the dry land making it land into a messy pile.

Spinning on your heel, you ran through the water and silently dove into the refreshing water once you were deep enough.

Being wrapped in the comfort of water made unknown tension leave your body. Your legs fluttered in the water as you dared to open your eyes under the water. You were greeted with a slightly stinging blurry view of this new underwater world which you were elated to find out usually, it was a burning sensation. You took in the sight of different fish dwelled on what appeared to be the bottom of the lake moving without a care in a world. The freshwater seaweed was sparse giving a potential reason to why the water was so clear. Adventuring deeper your fingers grazed against the incredibly smooth rocks leaving clean lines over their mossy exterior.

This world wasn't as colorful or popping with life as you used to, but it did hold its own unique type of beauty.

A familiar burning sensation in your lungs alerted you that you didn't have much longer in this round of exploring such a beautiful haven. Breaking the seal of water and air you took a deep breath before paddling yourself further into the lake. Flipping yourself over you floated lazily on your back and closed your eyes, enjoying the gentle heat of morning sun like an iguana on a hot rock.