Chapter 12

(づ。‿‿)

Word Count: 3511

Enjoy~

---

A deep groan escaped your lungs as you stretched out in the soft downy bed, conquering every inch as your own. A blazing smile etching its way onto your face as your body entered the other side without opposition. A definite sign that the warm body that typically occupied the space was had left long ago. Which meant one thing: it was going to be a peaceful morning. 

Breaking the seal of your eyes, you were welcome with the sight of an empty hut. Oh yes, today was going to be a great day.

Sitting up, you twisted and turned your body causing satisfying pops to echo around the place you were starting to call home. A delighted sigh left your lips as you began to go through your morning routine savoring the alone time. Working on your braid you took a moment to reflect on your schedule for today. You were to spend another day with Mitsuki, Bakugou's mother, in preparation for the wedding. Although you did not like the true intention of the meetings, you did find yourself enjoying your time with the spiteful female. 

Especially when Bakugou came to pick you up from her hut for dinner. Mitsuki was the only one who could put the stubborn blond in his place and you relished every second of their banter that would always end with Mitsuki as the victor and red-faced Bakugou keeled over in embarrassment. 

Tying off your braid, you slipped on your sandals before grabbing your bag containing your most precious cargo. Officially ready for the day, you left your hut, leisurely strolling through the tribe grounds towards your final destination. You did your best to ignore the current state of the tribe and the eyes that keenly watched you as you snatched up an apple to serve as your breakfast but it was hard to ignore the obivious. 

Things had drastically changed after your hunt with Bakugou.

Almost instantly, all of the tribe's prideful morale plummetted. Their once cheerful disposition slowly turned to paranoia as the week passed. Weapons had become children's toys. Everywhere you looked, there they were. Lying haphazardly around the tribe grounds as if they were forgotten and were waiting to be picked up by a parent. There was also an increase in safety patrols which came with more detriments than benefits. 

The first questionable benefit was that Bakugou's presence had become irregular with the only constant being that he would be back in time for dinner and glued to your side for the rest of the night. By having the fierce blond out on duty more and more, you gained the freedom to roam around the tribe grounds without a babysitter. His long periods of absence also gave you more opportunities to scour the hut for more hidden devices that could hold the reasoning to why he attacked your tribe; however, your efforts proved to be fruitless. 

You also soon released that even in this benefit there was a drawback. As much as you hated to admit it, Bakugou provided an untold layer of protection to you when he was with you on the tribe grounds.

Without Bakugou, the tribe members' true colors showed. You were met with more aggression and pushed to do the unwanted jobs in the tribe. It was a firm reminder that you were still an outsider. Making it clear that you were not welcomed by the majority of the tribe, not just Todoroki.

Todoroki Shoto. 

The second vein of your existence at the moment.  

The increase of safety patrol and lack of your Bakugou shield meant that you were subjected to Todoroki's harsh gaze almost daily. He was always creeping around a corner keeping a watchful eye on you, while his lips were constantly pulled in a deep line, unwilling to show a hint of emotion. It was tormenting-- like an annoying mosquito desperate for blood.