"I'm in."

Voices rang everywhere, the lights were too bright for my liking. I stood helplessly in between my siblings. Elaine was only 6, too young for a world like this. Camille was 21, forced by my 'father' to come for the sake of the family's image.

This particular event was something to do with a management company that had a band coming to France on tour. I didn't pay attention to the introduction.

My father, being the businessman that he is, is here because of his connections that he swears will do me good one day. Well, I call him father but is not my actual father. He is my other sister's father. My mom, Denise, was married to him but decided to end their relationship and she dated my real dad, Ives. They died in a car accident and Henri got custody of me and Camille. He then married Fleur and had Elaine. I was the odd one out.

He took me as his kin, although, deep down he knew I would never consider him my real father. I call him that because it benefits me and him- the public doesn't know I am not his real daughter. It is better if everyone thinks we are the perfect family. My step mom, Fleur, is indifferent with me. She never showed me love but neither hate.

The photographers snapped some pictures of us that had my cheeks hurting. I had mastered the act of fake smiling. We would probably be on the cover of some tacky magazine so a fake smile is all I have to give.

When they completed the photoshoot I was free to wander around and mingle with the people. I had no plan of doing so but I still separated from my family. As I was walking away I heard some small steps behind me.

"Mama let me come with you." Elaine gripped my hand as she always did due to the stories Fluer told her about kidnappers.

We lived in France but since we were famous we spoke english more than french. The native language is reserved for home only.

We strutted around for a while. "Cass, when we get home can I sleep in your room? I have been hearing some weird noises in mine." The child asked.

"Of course." I responded with a real smile that only she could ignite. I grabbed some pastries that the caterers were giving. "Have a macaroon." I handed it to Elaine who stuffed it into her mouth in a swift movement.

A giggle left her mouth. She couldn't close her mouth properly but she still ate the whole macaroon. I laughed with her and crouched down next to her, wiping her clothes that were filled with crumbs. The sparkly dress was now stained with a light pink in some places.

I looked up and met someone's gaze. Olive skinned boy wearing a suit. I raised my eyebrows and he looked away. A rolled my eyes and put my attention back to my sister.

She extended her hands up which meant she wanted to be carried. I gave in and lifted her up from the floor. She was wearing some tiny heels that I knew were uncomfortable for her. She rested her head on my shoulder, her blonde hair scratching my neck.

My father waved me over and I walked towards him. He grabbed Elaine from my arms and held her in his. She got comfortable and closed her eyes, it was late.

"I am going outside for a cigarette." I informed him, he nodded. I went to the smoking section
outside.

I spotted the same boy who was staring at me before. He was smoking as well, standing by the railing. I decided to smoke next to him. The pack of cigarettes that was hidden under my dress was opened. I picked one and lit it.

He turned to acknowledge me. "I didn't imagine a girl like you would have such a nasty habit."

I scoffed and chuckled. "And why wouldn't I?"

"You seemed like a good girl."

"You didn't seem like the type either. Aren't you in a boyband?"

"That's me. I am performing in about 2 weeks. Will I see you at the concert?"

"That's not my type of crowd." I answered and held eye contact. He had beautiful eyes, he was beautiful. His skin was perfectly tan, his eyes had long eyelashes, his hair had a blonde streak through it and it was combed back. "Concerts are stressful."

"Even worse for one who is playing." He concentrated on my eyes for a moment. "I didn't ask for your name."

"Cassiopeia Andrepont. Yours?"

"Calum Hood." He extended his hand for me to shake. I did. It had some calluses but it was warm like the fire that envelops you in winter. "I saw you with a little kid, is that your sister?"

I nodded. "She is. Elaine is my best friend as well. The only person who makes me want to stay here in France."

"You don't like it here?"

"No. Too much prejudice by everyone. I want to live in an carribean island that has warm weather all the time." I closed my eyes to picture myself by the beach sipping some coconut water.

"Can I tell you a secret?" He asked playfully. "I don't like it here either and I have 2 weeks here left."

An idea came into my head. I tried to shake it off but it stayed there. I guess the boy in front of me made me spontaneous. He looked like someone to have an adventure with.

"I have a random idea." I spoke slowly because if he said no I wouldn't know what to do. "We can run away for those 2 weeks and come back when you need to."

He stared at me weirdly. I prayed to whatever god that answered that he wouldn't reject me. I would have made a fool of myself in front of a famous band member. A smile spread through his lips.

"I'm in."

Hey guys!! This is the first chapter of my first 5sos fanfic!!!!