"All good, boss."

I was sitting in my grandma's rocking chair, braiding Ashton's hair. He was holding the bandana that he always wore in his hands. He winced when I pulled his hair to finish the second braid.

"Stop moving." I tie the ends with an elastic my grandma had. "You are finished."

"Thank you." He stood up and walked to a mirror that was hanging on the wall. "I look awesome."

"Awesomely horrible." Michael snickered, Luke laughed. "Just kidding!"

Ashton gave him the middle finger and went back to admiring his hairdo. "I think it looks good." Noel said from next to me.

"Thank you, Noel." Ashton voiced and came back to where we were sitting. "You see, guys. She's a good friend."

Luke rolled his eyes and laid on the floor. "I'm bored. Let's see if grandma has anything to do."

We all stood up and walked to the library. She was crocheting in a comfortable chair. "What do you want?"

"Do you have any work for us to do?" Noel asked, her hands behind her back.

"Well, you can clean the horse stables and bathe the goats." She kept crocheting, not looking up. "There is a bucket and some gloves next to the stables and the shampoo and brush are in the shed. Have fun."

We all divided our tasks and went outside. Noel, Ashton and I would bathe the goats and the others would clean the stables.

"Some stables are empty so clean those first. Then, move the horses to the clean ones so you can clean the others." I command and we all leave to the task.

As it looks, Papillon had some kids. 5 baby goats were running around in their pen. I gushed at them, scratching their heads and running around with them.

"I'll bathe the kids, you do the adults. Let me do one first and then, follow my lead." I say and grab the shampoo bottle.

I gave a whistle and a small kid came over, he was male. I start my wetting them with the hose, I put it on the less potent setting. After, I lather up some shampoo on their fur, making sure to get in between all the crevices. I am extra careful around its eyes.

When I was done I rinsed him and dried him with a towel.

"Okay, any questions?" I stand up and look at them. 

"All good, boss." They both gave me an army salute.

I rolled my eyes. "Get to work."

I get to every kid, getting them squeaky clean. I see Noel struggling with Papillon. The goat was moving around, not letting her touch her.

I stepped towards them. "Calm down, girl." I put my hand out for Papillon. Instinctively, he rubs her head on my hand. "Good girl." I laugh.

The familiar goat lets me bathe her. Meanwhile, Ashton and Noel play with the other goats.

I started talking with Papillon. She has been listening to me for years. "Hey, girl. I saw you had kids, congratulations."

She huffs in return.

"You seem happy. I know I haven't visited in a while but I promise to come more often." I get lost in my own words. "You remember when I told you I would find a boyfriend? I did and he makes me happy. You would be proud."

I know she probably does understand but she was my only friend when I felt alone and came here. Sometimes it felt like my mother was listening through her.

"Do I make you happy?" The familiar australian accent said from behind me.

I turned to him and looked him up and down, he was covered in horse shit. "You do. But before I can kiss you, take a bath."

"Will do."