"The darkest night never felt so bright with you by my side."

We decided to walk around. It was now 2am and we had no interest in getting there quickly, taking our time to bask in each other.

I reached my arm out and grabbed his hand, intertwining our fingers. He looked at me with a small smile and giggled.

"You are going to be the death of me, Cassiopeia." He said and started rocking our hands back and forth.

"I'm honored." I reply while exaggeratedly fanning my face. "We should sleep somewhere."

He nodded, looking around to see what was around us. There were just some houses that were owned by mostly old people.

"There's nowhere around here to stay." Calum slumped down.

I thought about where we could stay. "There's a hostel not too far from here. I don't know how safe it is but I don't think anything will happen."

"Okay." He confirmed and stopped, putting me to a stop as well. "Lead the way."

I looked at the signs that led me to the hostel, trying to see which direction to go in. I just tried to get there as best I could.

Calum walked a little behind me, staying aware of his surroundings due to the dangerous hour. We heard some rustling from an alley but it turned out to be a raccoon. We laughed at our scariness.

I saw the hostel at the end of a dirt road, a little sign indicating it was it. We rushed to the door when we met a young man that looked to be 17.

He didn't say anything, just handed us a key and pointed to the room. He was probably tired.

We entered the room and a big bed sat in a corner. I sat down on it, throwing myself back. Calum made sure the door had a lock and followed my movements.

We were still separated, I rolled my eyes. "You can get closer, you know."

He turned off the light and got closer to me, our arms were touching. I huffed and decided to take initiative. I grabbed his arm and rested my head on his shoulder.

"Do you want to cuddle?" His voice was raspier than usual.

I nodded. "Yes."

And with that he lifted his arm from my grip and put it around my waist. I turned on my side, facing him. He looked at me and smiled that goofy smile that made me want to die.

"You're pretty." He said and looked at the ceiling.

I put my leg on top of his and my head on his chest. "You are too."

"I like you." He confessed in a sleepy haze.

"I do too. Very much." I repeat, making sure that he heard me.

"I feel like we were meant to have this adventure, we were destined to bump into each other."

I had no reply, so I said what I was thinking. "The darkest night never felt so bright with you by my side."

He put the opposite hand on his stomach and I grabbed it. I laced our fingers together, rubbing my finger on his hand.

"You say stuff like that and I swear that I just want to kiss you." He muttered.

"Kiss me tomorrow because I am too tired right now." I laugh.

He chuckled and put his head closer to mine. He kissed my forehead, leaving the kiss lingering.

"Good night. I love you." I whispered, he didn't react so I knew he didn't hear me.

A few minutes later I had closed my eyes, staying in the same position I was before.

Calum thought I was asleep. "I love you too." He said slowly but I heard. I heard him loud and clear.

I did love him and he loved me back. I blushed but it was too dark to see so I continued acting like I was asleep until I actually was.