"The moon's beautiful, right?"

We were waiting at the closest bus stop for the 12pm bus. We didn't know if this bus stop still operated but I was feeling like something had to go right, and I was correct.

The bus pulled up and the driver opened the door, a sleepy expression on his face. We paid him 10 dollars and sat down.

It was an interesting bunch. A lady with a poodle on her lap that was holding it tightly to prevent it from flying off and biting everyone here; a man that was sleeping against a window with drool down his face; a young couple that mirrored us, holding hands and watching something on a phone, smiling every once in a while; and us, a pair of teenagers that had a crazy idea and ran with it.

"You still haven't told me where we're going." Calum said, tilting his head towards me.

"I did." I furrowed my eyebrows. "I told you we are going somewhere for your surprise. So, I did tell you, just not specifics."

He shook his head, chuckling. I look down at our hands, still interwoven. I guess our thing now was holding hands, no matter the situation. His hands had some tattoos, beautifully drawn. I traced them with my finger and he shivered but didn't pull away.

We could see the streets through the window, lights showing up and stopping depending on what area we were in. Maybe we are lights, depending where you are, you can see us. Some people just get to see you flicker, but others see you beam.

We didn't speak the whole ride, trying not to wake the people sleeping. Although we didn't say words, I can still hear him. I can hear his thoughts and what he wants to say. Maybe it's just one of the things he can do with his magic.

The bus came to a stop and we could see the Eiffel tower from here. It was shimmering in the dark sky. Calum looked at me with his mouth open and I just smiled.

"Merci." I said to the driver as we hopped off the greyhound bus.

"Holy shit, you didn't tell me we were going to the freakin Eiffel tower." Calum said in disbelief. He was almost jumping up and down like a child.

"It gets better than this. Follow me." I started going in the familiar route that felt like nature by now.

I used to come here whenever I felt overwhelmed, it was a destressor. We reached the stone wall that led to the rooftop of the blue house.

I grabbed one of the stones that were built wrong and put my foot on another, pulling myself up.

"I can't do that!" Calum screamed from below, looking up.

"Sure you can! I'm waiting for you up here!" I scream back, looking down at his terrified eyes.

He did the same movements I did and was up here in 15 seconds. He sat down out of breath on the corner.

I grinned. "That wasn't so hard now was it?" I ask in a mocking voice.

He gave me a sarcastic smile and sat down next to me. His face filled with the light that the tower provided for us.

"Wow." Was all he managed to say after seeing the breathtaking view.

"Wow indeed." I say, looking exactly where he was looking.

The sky was filled with stars of every size, the biggest one being the landmark. You could see the buildings behind it but they weren't as impressive as this.

"The moon's beautiful, right?" I stared at the white orb who was full tonight. I looked at Calum and his mesmerizing face.

He turned to look at me as well but when he noticed I was staring he looked away. After a few seconds he looked back up, right in my eyes.

He leaned in with the breeze that passed through us. I didn't pull away because I physically couldn't. I put my face closer to his, he did the same. I could feel his breath on my face and his eyelashes on my skin. Our lips were centimeters away when-

"Cassiopeia, is that you? I heard something up there!" Dolores said at her window, she lived in this house.

"Um yeah. It's me, Dolores. How are you?" I closed my eyes in frustration.

"I'm good, how about you?" She redirected the question to me.

"Great. I'm leaving soon." I reply with a small hurry.

"Okay, good night!" She said, closing her window slowly.

"Good night." She closed her window.

Now, we sit there awkwardly. Calum scratched his head and looked up. I looked up and let out a breath. No matter what, this night could not be ruined. I have never felt so close with Calum before and now that I felt a bit of glory, I want it all the time.