"It'll be our little secret."

I was the one who suggested it but his confirmation caught me by surprise. I smirked at him and nodded in approval. "Let me get my stuff." I ran towards Camille.

She opened her eyes wide when she saw me without breath. "What's wrong?"

"Let Elaine sleep with you tonight. I love you both." I walked away.

"Where are you going?!" She whispered. I didn't turn around. I couldn't. Because if I did I knew that I wouldn't go through with it and I had someone counting on me.

Calum was waiting for me on the balcony that I would remember forever as the place I did something irrational with a stranger I knew for 10 minutes now.

"Are you sure you want to do this? Don't feel pressured to." I put my hand on his shoulder.

He nodded rapidly, the edges of his combed hair flopping.  "I'm sure. An adventure is exactly what I need right now."

I just noticed his australian accent that sounded as smooth as whipped cream. A voice that I would not mind pouring into my mouth at any given moment because I know that it wouldn't taste bad.

"Let's go." I say with a shake in my voice. He seemed to notice because he grabbed my hand and ran.

We ran down the stairs and out the door. Many of the onlookers looked at us but paid no attention. We looked like kids that were having fun, and we were doing exactly that.

When we were fully outside I breathed. I took a breath of freedom. A breath that I have wanted to take since my parents died. A breath that smelled like my teenage years actually being put to use. My lungs filled and I knew that this was a good idea.

He pulled me towards the other street so that we could plan without anyone finding us. The bricks on the streets were jagged and not even at all.

In the next street he let go of my hand and I let it fall. "Where do we go from here?" He questioned.

"We need a place to stay. A place far from here and I know just where to go." I knew the perfect place where no one would find us. "We have to walk for about 30 minutes." I shrug.

"That's okay." He ran his hand through his hair, ruining the shape of it. Now it was perfectly imperfect, which just added to what I thought of him. "This is crazy."

I started walking and he walked beside me. For a while we ran as fast as I could run with heels. I gave up on having shoes on and took them off, holding them in my hands.

"I agree." I said and he looked at me confused. "This is crazy. I can't believe I did this."

He laughed. "Sorry, I forgot I said that. I am glad we did. The newly found fame I have is driving me a little crazy."

"I've been famous almost my whole life. My father is famous among the locals here. I did not choose this life so it is fun to be away from it." I say with sincerity.

I could see his face in the moonlight. It outlined his features like a drawing. A drawing that only the best artist, like Picasso, could make. A piece of art so intricate that it took the utmost precision to draw.

He looked at me and noticed the staring. He smirked. "Like what you see?"

"I will turn around right now." I joked and gave him a smile to ensure that I was kidding. I would not turn back.

I motioned for him to take a right at the end of the street. "You wouldn't! What made you ask me to run away?"

I thought about it but didn't have an actual answer. "I don't know. You looked like you needed someone to run away with."

He threw his head back in a laugh. "You were correct. My mates didn't want to do something spontaneous with me. They were worried about the press."

"The press can fuck off. All they do is bother." I said and covered my mouth right after. "I'm not supposed to cuss in front of people."

"You cuss all you want. It'll be our little secret." He winked at me and I looked down. A blush crept to my cheeks.

I gave him a breathless laugh. "Thanks. Many people like me because of my dad."

"Most people like me because of my band mates."

"We are one of the same Calum Hood." We were approaching the little hotel that was so abandoned that nobody would search us here. I pointed at it. "We are here."

Calum walked forward and opened the door for me. I smiled and thanked him. Inside was a frail old lady that was known to be the owner of this hotel. She was reading a magazine behind teh counter.

"Salut. Une chambre s'il vous plaît." I say and she looks up from the counter. A warm smile spread across her face. Hello. A room please

"Bonne nuit, te voilà." Good night, here you are. She handed me a key with the number 13 on it.

I grabbed Calum's hand and pulled him towards the room that had that number. I inserted the key and opened the door. It was a modest room with only one bed. I mentally groaned. It was dusty but it was better than the event.

"Okay, so I will sleep on the floor." He offered.

I waved my hand. "No. I will sleep on the floor. It was my idea to come here."

"No, I want you to be comfortable."

"Please, take the bed."

"We will share it." He said with no malintent. I was taken aback, my face begging to have an expression but I just smiled.

"Okay." I sat down on the bed, which was not comfortable at all. "Tomorrow we need to buy some more clothes. It is already 2am so we can sleep for like 4 hours."

He nodded and sat down next to me, leaving some space. He laid down in the corner, like he wanted to fall. I scooched towards the edge as well. In the middle of us could fit another person. I turned towards the bedside table and closed my eyes.

The clothes were incredibly uncomfortable. The dress clung to the wrong places when I finally caught a bit of sleep. My phone beside me started blowing up. I picked it up and looked at who was texting me.

My father, my stepmother and my sister were texting me like madmen. I replied in the chat with "I'm okay". This brought an uproar with everyone, asking where I was. I closed it and turned to the other side.

Calum's phone started ringing as well. He was dead asleep and I wasn't going to answer. He tossed around when it started making sound but ultimately he stayed asleep.