Prestige 3

Now back at school, Arata sat back in his seat to consider things with Misei. He hoped that she wasn't too upset about her mom coming in between them. It must've been embarrassing from her point of view, but he was understanding. What happened certainly didn't impact how he viewed her one bit.

Though it seemed this was going to be another point of interest for the boy as lunchtime rolled around. They were the only two who attended that party among their friend group. Yet it was an event where some were already aware about due to other connections.

"So, I hear that you had a fun time at a company event." Said Akiba, as she got the conversation going. "Doesn't Arata's dad work there too?"

"He does." Misei knew where this was going. "And Arata did decide to join the party."

"Y-yeah, it was a lot of fun." Arata jumped. He seemed to sense something brewing as he had yet another chance alone with the student council president. The last time they learned about it, some of the girls sounded a little upset with the matter. The only exception being Misao, who was a massive supporter of this relationship. "I even got to meet her mom again."

"Her mom?" Erina looked at him like he somehow survived a nuclear bomb. "I don't want to sound mean, but she's really scary."

"I know." Yuriko agreed. "When I first met her, I thought she was going to kill me with her stare." That meant a lot coming from the girl who glared all the time. Even towards people she apparently liked a lot.

"It was fine when I chatted with her." Arata lied. Misei turned her head down and away from him after he said that. She obviously knew the truth, and thinking about what happened in front of him still filled her with shame. It wasn't surprising that it was her mother reaction to seeing him and her together, but living in the moment just hurt the girl emotionally.

"Yeah..." She backed him up. "We just had a pleasant chat together." Misei took a bite of her food to not have to continue talking as the others kept up the conversation.

"I don't remember her being mean when I met her." Said Yogi. Though it was likely she was actually cruel to him. The boy was simply just too dense to realize that someone was insulting him. An interaction not unfamiliar between him and Yuriko. "Though I guess someone running a company as big as hers would have to be strict."

"Speaking of running, when are you going to take over?" Asked Akiba. Since they had known her from the start of high school this information was common knowledge for the group outside of Arata. It seemed that there were always more things he was learning about them.

"Since we're getting close to my adulthood. It looks like I'll begin working my way up after we graduate high school."

"Really, you're not going to college?" It was a shock to think that someone like Misei wouldn't attend university. Though it really wasn't necessary in terms of landing a job when one was already lined up. Not to mention that she already was being groomed for the role already as a teen. So it really wasn't that big of a deal in terms of preparing for her future.

"You're really getting ready for the big leagues." Yogi sighed. "I guess that means we won't be seeing each other after graduation." That put a damper on the mood in the room. To think that their friendships were going to be brought to an end like that. Sure, people lost touch after graduation, but having the reality hit still stung.

With that, they finished lunch. Soon enough, the day passed on by and school had ended.

"Hey, are you going anywhere after school?" Arata found himself alone with Misei once more. Though this time they were in the student council room performing their official duties. So informal talk was out of the question. "I was just wondering if maybe we could hang out and stuff." He wasn't used to asking those types of questions. Usually it was because of the others why the boy went anywhere at all.