Spring Blooms 2

Arata got himself ready after school. Today was going to be his first day tending a garden with the gardening club. It could also be the last, seeing as the arrangement was more of an offer for help than a job they needed to take. Of course they'd accept because one of the girls in the club had a crush on him. For some reason, even though they'd probably accept anyway since they seemed to be passionate about gardening. He felt guilty because they mostly joined because someone liked him, and he was well aware of that fact.

However, it was also fun that he'd have some people his own age while working on the garden. While it was nice to chat with Hine, they didn't have all that much in common. She was just willing to listen to him about personal issues that plagued teenagehood.

While the boy was getting himself dressed and grabbing all his tools. There was a knock at the door. When he went to go check on who it was, there Matsu stood before him as the door opened up.

"Hello!" She greeted him in a cheerful mood. The girl had come by because she wanted to walk with him on the way to the old lady's house. Them having a common destination gave her a perfect excuse to come by his place and ask. It wasn't as if he was going to turn down her offer after she made the trip here. "We should go together."

"Sure." He accepted. Not that there was any choice in the matter, nor did he want to hurt her feelings...

That really had been the story of his life over the past year, hasn't it? As they walked, he wondered how things had progressed between the two of them. Somehow, she entered his life after being blackmailed by Erina. Though she had nothing to do with that, or even anything to do with Yogi's group of friends at all. How did she actually become a part of his life in the first place then?

Not that it mattered either way. The important thing was she was now one of his best friends, and not only that, but harbored feelings for him ever since their first meeting. Which just so happened to be when they were children and when he got sent to the hospital trying to protect her.

Personally, the boy felt she shouldn't have a crush on him just because of that. He was simply trying to do the right thing in that moment. Not only that, but his life took a massive shift after the incident and he'd consider himself to be a drastically different person from back then. Though knowing those facts didn't seem to make her budge at her in her love. Perhaps then, her feelings was true?

Though that was another problem for him. Arata was unsure of what was in his heart when her image popped in his head. Shouldn't he feel more nervous around her? They always say that when you like someone, you become a little more self-conscious. It seemed that she had those moment sometimes when with him. Usually because he also got a nice view of her underwear when they hung out. That was admittedly weird how often it occurred.

"So how'd you start realizing that you enjoyed gardening?" He asked, wanting to pass the time as they walked to Hine's home.

"I've always thought flowers were cute..." He waited for her to delve more into detail. However, that was just about it for her backstory. The girl never though heavily into the mechanics of gardening, or how some flowers were the way they were. She simply just grew up in life, thought they looked nice, and when offered to join a club she took the gardening club because of said reason. "What about you?"

"It's not like I enjoy gardening. I do it because I get paid." While her reasoning was shallow, his was just selfish. Since his parents didn't want him spending all their money on his hobby, the boy had to find ways to fund his addiction. So when given the chance to be paid weekly by an elderly woman, he took it without any hesitation. The same went with why he was also the neighborhood babysitter. "I guess to a lot of people, we're just posers."