Showgirl 2

"That could've ended a lot better." Said Arata after him and the other two girls who stayed behind cleaned things up.

"It always seems like she keep getting ahead of herself." Hifumi commented her displeasure of the girl's actions. Though, while she was harsh in her critique, the girl did sympathize with what happened on stage. She knew she would be devastated if it occurred to her in the same manner. Good thing she wore tights to cover herself more than that girl did. "Oh well, she'll get over it by tomorrow."

"I have my doubts." He replied. The boy was well aware of how precious keeping it a secret was to her. When he threatened to do the same thing, she went ballistic on him just for the mere thought of it. Clearly this girl had some fears she had still yet to confront at this time.

"Poor Ichiri." Said Yurime, helping to store away some of the gear used for the performance. While the reporting club would never consider publishing so harsh to embarrass someone, bar one incident, surely it was going to be the talk of the school tomorrow. "We should at least stand by her side."

"I won't argue against that." Hifumi was fine with it, but considering who was with them. She wasn't looking forward to the fact that Arata was going to be hanging primarily with that girl. After all, they might've been friend, but they were also competition for that boy's heart.

"Sure, we can check on her after school." Arata was on board to the plan, something that was a bit of a welcome for Yurime. Knowing how the girl felt for him, she was banking on the hope that his presence would perk her up again. "I guess you don't knew where she lives, but don't worry. We'll lead the way."

"Yeah, we sure will." The other girl agreed, though she was much less enthusiastic about things.

So off they went once things were all taken care of at school. The trio walked on over to the girl's house, where they were certain that a few things would have to be explained to when they met Ichiri's mom or dad at the front door.

"Oh, Ichiri's friends are here now." It was her mom who answered the door as she let them inside. The girl's home was rather well kept, a testament to the woman's ability to take care of the house. "She rushed in here not too long ago, then she went and locked herself in her room."

"Yeah, something happened at school." Arata didn't want to dive into deeper detail to her mom. Sure, the woman would be very understanding, but even teen girls don't want their parents to know about everything. "It's nothing too serious, just us teens blowing things out of proportion."

"Yeah, we just wanted to let her know things were going to turn out just fine." Said Yurime, trying to assure the woman so that they would be let in privately. None of them had bad intentions at all, and she wanted to make sure her tone exuded that.

"Well, I've heard from your parents that you all are just absolute angels." Ichiri's mom responded positively. "So of course if you think you can help out my daughter, then I'll allow it."

"Thank you so much." Politely, Hifumi took a respectful bow as they were led towards the young girl's room.

"Ichiri?" Her mom knocked on the door with the three of them just standing behind. "You have some guess who want to talk to you. Is it okay if they come in?"

"..." There was silence behind the door as they impatiently waited for her to respond. It was entirely possible, likely even, that she would just tell them no and they'd have to leave. That would make the trek over here a bit pointless at the end of the day. "Go ahead." There was no energy in her voice as she gave the group permission to enter.

So finally they were able to walk inside her room, which was the first time for Arata. Her room was pretty much expected coming out of a girl her age. It was plastered with posters of famous people, those that she looked up to immensely. The only thing that one might consider odd was that it was primary of men. Not in the manner of a girl who was in love with male idols, but more so closer to those of sports athletes and action movie stars.

The girl they were there were was sitting up knees to her face on her bed. She had already changed into her pajamas even though the night wasn't going to fall for another few hours. The signs of one falling into sorrow were showing full force from her.

"Hello." Yurime quickly down down besides her to try and console the girl. "Hey, come on things will be okay."

"No they won't." Ichiri replied, keeping her face dug into her knees. "Everyone's going to know how big of a loser I am." Indeed, as she feared, people now knew she was a girl going onto her third year, but still wore children's panties with cute bears on them.

"I'm not exactly sure why you wear them if you're that worried about people seeing them." Hifumi remarked. As she saw it, girls who wore skirts or dresses should always be aware that they were mere centimeters away from revealing their undies to the world. No matter how diligent they might be, something could always come up.

"They still fit me, and... I guess I am really a loser." Despite growing up to her age. She still found them to look really cute, so the girl never needed to find new panties. That and anytime she did, it usually meant just getting more in the same style. So it was a matter of failing to grow up, in her mind.

"I don't mind them." Said Arata, also throwing in his two cents to try and assure her things would be fine. Of course, maybe to some since he was a boy, he was fine with seeing her panties just because of some other, much more personal, reasons. "I just consider it to be... A part of who you are."

"Really?" This seemed to get a decent response from her as she showed her face to them all. There were tears running down her cheeks, and the girl's eyes were all red. "You're just saying that to make me feel better."

"No." He disagreed. "If I didn't feel this way, then I definitely would've made fun of you back when I found out." Considering how long everyone had known her, it was strange Arata found out about her secret mere minutes after meeting her for the first time.

"Well, what am I suppose to do when I get to school?" She countered. "Everyone's going to make fun of me."

"Well, I doubt everyone." Said Hifumi. There were a fair number of people, including people like the student council president who would never do that. With influence like hers, then it was likely people would remain respectful.

"Then I'll be there for you." Arata knelt down to her level as she continued to sit on the bed. "Don't worry, I won't let anyone bother you." The boy put out a pinky for her to shake on it. Ichiri did so and it seemed to brighten her mood once more.

"All right!" She smiled as their fingers remained intertwined. "I'm glad my senior's always got my back."

"And I'm glad my junior is feeling a lot better now." He replied as they separated. It seemed that things had gotten better now, so the trio were able to go home now. However, Hifumi had different plans in mind.

"You really seem to care about her." She spoke to him after they had given their goodbyes to Yurime. Now it was only the two of them as they walked along the sidewalk.

"She's a good friend of mine." He knew where this conversation was leading towards. It was impossible not to incite jealousy when he would pull things like that in front of her.

"It's just that I can't understand why you don't want to make up your mind." She explained to him in a calmer fashion that he was expecting. "I know you like me too, but honestly, it's looking like that's just the friend type of like."

"I..."

"Ah, ah, ah." She stopped him from pleading his case. "We both know it's true." And while it certainly hurt her to think of losing. The chances were already not in her favor with him anyway. Even when he told her there was still a chance, it was really more of him trying not to hurt people's feelings. "We both seen how to treat her compared to everyone else."

"I treat her like I do all my friends." Apparently that was also something of a concern from Ichiri herself. She always felt she was less special in his eyes considering the way he hung around other people.

"I guess you really are just that dense boy." Her experience with manga was more than enough to see where his problem was. "Even dense to your own feelings." Hifumi had a lot to say to him, but there weren't that many words she needed to convey the meaning. "You've already fallen."

With that, she left him to stew on those words as the girl split off on her path home. This left Arata all alone to try and figure out what she truly meant.