Otaku 1

If there was one thing that Arata loved nothing more of, it would be going to his favorite otaku store and browsing the items they had for sale. Why wouldn't he enjoy looking cute anime girls on his time off? Plus, it was nice to be able to get away from everyone else and all of the drama. Not that there was much of it, just that he'd rather try and keep the idea of romance out of his head for a while.

Though, this boy was never one known for his luck. Which was why running into Hifumi at this store was an unwelcome surprise. She was one of the most open girls about her feelings for him. Something that was kind of nice compared to someone who either hadn't confessed, of which he didn't know of anyone doing so. Or let him know but didn't want to fully commit. In a sense, that was a reflection of who he was as a person.

"It's pleasant to run into you here." She greeted him as there was no other choice but to acknowledge the other's existence. "And this is just by complete chance, I didn't have to stalk you for it."

"Heheh." He laughed weakly at her joke. Hopefully that really was just a joke and not an indication to what her recent activities had been about. "Anyway, are you here for any particular reason?" Arata was only here to browse for fun. So there weren't any goals or items he was seeking out at the moment. Therefore, he could hang around her as she looked for what she wanted to buy.

"Aside from my usual light novel pickups, not really." She answered. Still, that was enough reason and permission for him to walk with her as they went through the aisles. "But there is supposed to be an event soon around here that I'm sure you'll be looking forward to."

"Really? What is it?" He was someone that stayed up-to-date on anything relating to otaku. Though, the boy used to not go to public events unless he had a mask to hide his identity. So some did slip through the cracks as they weren't his main priority.

"You probably haven't heard about it because it's been kept a little secret." Somehow, despite always being the trustworthy one to him. When she said it like that, it made him suspicious that this wasn't just some cooked up scheme of hers to get them alone together. "Just ask the manager if you don't believe me, but the author of my favorite light novel is coming to town."

"You've got to be kidding, that's amazing." He knew her favorite light novel off the top of his head. So that meant he also knew who this famous author was going to be. "Is that true!?" Arata yelled out to the store runner.

"If you keep you mouth shut, then sure." Perhaps it was dumb of the boy to yell out the idea across the store when it was supposed to be kept on the down low. Though, he wasn't sure why it was done in that manner.

"I assume they aren't entire sure with how to run the event yet." She explained to him a possible theory. Hopefully in her case they got things worked out so she could personally meet the man who had given her some very wonderful, but private, nights. Because to those unaware, her favorite light novel was one that was a bit naughty and definitely not safe for a child's eye.

"Anyway, it sounds like fun." He responded. "If you know when it's going to be, I'd love to come to it too."

"So it's a date then." Already, she was not holding back in terms of making this about one certain thing. Though to be fair to Hifumi, she had confessed months ago and had been waiting to get him to fall for her. In her mind, it wasn't about leading him to making a choice eventually. This boy was only going to make one specific and correct choice and that was going to be her.

"That not how I've ever envisioned a date." He replied. While the boy loved the idea of engaging in some otaku fanboying from time to time. Doing that with a girl, who was admittedly cute, didn't seem like the place to be romantic. Not to mention they'd be surrounded by a bunch of other otakus. "Given the books this guy writes, I don't think we should be going around and making everyone jealous."