Epilogue

And thus, as their third year in high school began, Arata's new life with Erina had also come to fruition. It certainly what he was expecting after the whole harem madness ended, but it definitely wasn't one he regretted going through on. The only thing that sadden him was having to break the news to everyone that he had fallen for her. The boy had been expecting to give each one a proper rejection on his way to determine his true feelings.

So while that didn't go as planned, at least everyone was understanding. Though he could've sworn that some of the girls he knew, that he was certain didn't have feelings for him were also sadden to hear the news. Kind of odd, since usually one was happy for their friend's finding love.

"Do you like the lunch I made for you?" Erina pushed up against him with her body as she teased the boy in front of everyone. One thing that changed in their relationship after everything had happened was that she wasn't afraid to express her love for him. On the bright side, now he got good food everyday. Not that his mom was bad at cooking or anything.

"It's great..." He replied, picking up a piece with his chopsticks. "In fact, you should try some." Then, to her surprise, he stuck it into her mouth. As she chewed, the girl smiled at him as the pair were lovey dovey for one another. This may seem mean to do so with all the other girls that he knew who liked him. Primarily Misei as that girl was the first to confess to him other than Hifumi.

"Anyone got plans for after school?" Yuriko asked. Anything to change the subject from the newfound relationships among the people surrounding her. After Arata's apparently emotional confession, Yogi seemed to gain courage to that and confess to Misao. Who turned him down, but he wasn't planning on giving up so easily. Akaki had also surprised everyone with a confession to Akiba, who actually accepted as well. So things were turning out quite interesting for the group now.

"Me and Arata are going on a date today." Erina responded, as if bragging about it.

"Yeah, it's going to be our first..." Arata blushed off to the side over the thought of it. While he had been on dates before, she wasn't on that list. So he wasn't experience in what she would want. Another part that was giving him discomfort was the thought that the pair were engaged now, yet were only about to begin their romantic journey. "It should be a lot of fun though."

"Since it's your first, I guess we should save the double dating for after that." Akiba giggled as she wrapped an arm around Akaki's.

After lunch, the pair had stuck together as much as they could during their breaks. Being third years, exams were going to take the brunt of their time, so it was important to cherish what they had together now. During this time, they also ran into the library committee, who were doubly busy with exams and the club.

"You know the library's not for sneaking some romantic ventures." Hifumi informed them as they chatted. "But for you two, I'll turn a blind eye." Though it seemed she was able to move on for their sake. This girl was planning on supporting them as best she could, just as her grandmother expected out of her.

"I won't." Ichiri was still taking some time to warm up to the idea that Arata was with someone else now. "Someone's gotta keep some order around here."

"It's fine." Yurime put an end to the outrage by grabbing the girl by the ear. "Go ahead and enjoy your time in the library."

After school, the pair headed out to their planned destination. This was going to be their first date, so things were heavily tracked by him to ensure things went about smoothly. Though before they were able to leave the premise, they also ran into Matsu along with the rest of the gardening club.

"Matsu..." He said her name as they stood still in the wind. Of all the girls, he was most worried over how she'd take the news of losing out on him.

"I just wanted to say..." She started to speak, then bowed her head to them. "I wish you well for your first date." It was somewhat unexpected, but coming out of her, not a surprise. "And, that's a beautiful engagement ring, Erina."

"Thanks." Erina replied, smiling at her new friend. Things hadn't become rough at all. Especially with all the flowers blooming, in both season and their lives.

Now, the couple were able to head to their date location. It wasn't a lavish spot, but one of more simple means as he took her to the park. There weren't many places he could think of to take her, and the boy felt bad that this was the best he could come up with.

"I know this isn't anything fancy." He spoke as they sat down on the cool grass together. "But I hope you have fun."

"Of course I will." She responded. As long as it with him, she'd be willing to do anything just to spend one more second with this boy. "You wanted to be somewhere quiet, right?" He did. After all, a good way to begin, was to talk over the still silence of nature.

"I never really thought I'd end up like my dad." He said, staring over at the ring he gave her. Somehow, in a twist of fate, the pair repeated what his parents had done. Now they were engaged despite only having just confessed to one another.

"A part of that scares me." She admitted. "If you're similar to your parents, will I?"

"We already talked about this." Though he didn't have an argument about the problem at hand. The only thing he had going for him, was that his feelings were telling him this was right. But how was he going to prove that to her? "I trust you. There's no way you'll turn out like your mom."

"Heheh." She giggled, getting up from her spot and taking some steps towards the railing on looking the roadway.

"Hey, what's up?" He was about to get up to follow, but paused midway as she turned to face him.

"It's kind of funny." She said, twirling her hair as if lost in thought. The way the orange sunset landed on her gave about a warm, welcoming glow to the girl. "I spend so many nights, just thinking between you or Yogi. Because, I was afraid I would regret my decision. Fearing that regret was going to tempt me to making the same mistakes as she did. But somehow, now that we're together. I don't have any doubts."

Their eyes met each other as they stared. Arata saw her standing right here, under the light. There was nothing in his mind that mattered more than the girl before him. "Isn't that... Funny?"

Tears streamed down her face as she spoke. In response, he felt his vision blur from his own forming in his eyes. These were not tears of sorrow though. Instead, they were of an entirely different emotion. One that these two shared at this park, knowing deep within their hearts, the true love they had for one another.

"Yeah..." He replied to her question. "But it's our life... And I wouldn't have it any other way."

Author's Note: It's truly been a trip. I still can't believe we've reached the ending of the story. Well, there's still one more chapter after this one that's supposed to be a short "one-shot" for those hoping for a harem ending. But otherwise, we've reached the end of this wild ride that's been built up over the past year and a half.

Honestly, thank you all so much for sticking around with me through all the ups and downs. I can't express how grateful I am that anyone here took the time out of their day to give my story a chance. And I hope that you'll give my future works a shot!