Reverse Harem 3

"And here's the room." Akiba opened the door to direct him to the destination they agreed upon. It was a massive room mainly covered with multiple desks with people working through on their assignments. The jobs done here were mainly looking for and correcting mistakes, then providing the proper formats needed to convey the artistic intent of the stories.

Most of the people in here at the moment were intently working, as they had deadlines to meet. So respectfully, the pair kept their distance and tried to speak quietly to not distract anyone. Instead, they looked over their shoulders to grab a peek of the efforts that went into making the form of entertainment they loved the most. At least until they reached ones that they actually read. Because spoilers were terrible and they weren't about to do that to themselves.

"You weren't kidding when you said I'd love this." Said Arata. "This is great." He was overjoyed to watch the editors take care of business. The only way for something like this to get better would be to run into one of the actual authors to any of these stories. "There's so many people here."

"Yeah, it looks like they have a lot of things to get published." She responded. With so many copies, it was impressive this company was able to run through dozens of stories while also being able to print them in the thousands. That required not only a lot of unappreciated effort, but also focus, determination, and teamwork in order to ensure nothing was missed.

"And there's still a lot left to be worked on too." He pointed over to a table stacked with multiple drafts where no one was currently at. Arata was walking over there while she seemed hesitant to follow.

"Maybe we shouldn't fool around with those." She told him, trying to keep her distance and hoping he would do the same. "We wouldn't want to mess up anything for them.

"Relax, I'm just eyeing over them." He responded with little worry. All he was planning on doing was to just peer over them to see the titles and author names. Since the copies were appeared to be low priority. They were either drafts for future chapters currently being worked on, or possible pilots attempting to get picked up.

Since they were drafts, most of them either didn't have cover images, or those images were just rough sketches. However, as he looked at each and every one of them, while he was still standing in the back nervously looking at him, there was one that caught his eye. "How come your name is on one of them?" He asked.

"There isn't one that has my name on it." She replied, though her tone made it abundantly clear she was lying. "You must be misreading it or maybe I just have the same name as a real artist.

"Really? But it says Akiba Shinshiro." He responded by reaching over for it. This prompted her to rush over where she initially was hesitant to move towards and slap her hand atop it.

"I already said it isn't mine!" She was filled with fright as she yelled at him.

"Technically, I didn't say it was yours." After all, he had only mentioned it seemed to have her name on it.

"Okay, fine." She sighed, keeping her hand on top of the pages so that he wouldn't be able to check it out. "I submitted that one." It now made a lot more sense as to why her mother mentioned her desire to enter the industry. That wasn't just something for a future goal, she was already attempting with works to this company.

"Wow, I never knew I was friends with a real manga artist." He was seriously impressed with the idea of her creating her own manga. "How come you've never told any of us?" Even him, whom she shared a ton of secrets with didn't know about this.

"It's nothing really serious." She replied, picking up her draft. "I mean, I'm not a great artist, and I only did it because they have a small promotion right now for indie artists." Akiba was embarrassed to let the others know about her small dream. She felt a bit silly for even trying it out, but by the time it was sent off, it was too late to back out.