EIGHT

Mihee was now in grade 2.

The class lecture for the day was about wolf ranks.

"Omegas are weak, betas are stronger and alphas are the strongest" Mihee heard her teacher say.

Her eyebrows were pulled into a deep frown.

Why was it Weak Stronger Strongest?

She didn't like the way it sounded.

Strong stronger strongest definitely made much more sense.

Why is her rank even considered weak?

When confronted, the teacher explained omegas are biologically designed that way. They are tend to be soft, submissive and weak not just physically but also mentally.

That's nonsense Mihee thought. Her appa brought her up alone without the safety of an alpha mate or a pack, he faced the world and it's challenges alone.

How was that even supposed to be a weak trait?

She concluded Omegas are strong. Stronger than one thought them to be.

She took pride in being an omega; loved and respected her wolf a lot.

A few days later, in one of the discussions her teacher explained similar things Aunt Seulgi said last year.

It was a rather detailed discussion on how pups were disowned, how omega care centers were fighting for pups rights.

Mihee was so upset the whole day. Time and time again she gets sad thinking of her other parent and imagining a life without both the fathers scared her to the core.

—————

In search of her missing rubber toy one day, Mihee rummaged through each shelf of the cupboard.

In the process her eyes fell upon a bunch of papers, carefully secured in a file and neatly placed to a side of the shelf.

She casually opens it and goes through them. They were her appa's birth and school certificates.

Her eyes went wide, she was shocked to see 'omega care center' and 'rogue' status on Taehyung's certificates.

Her stomach twisted uncomfortably at thought of her father being an abandoned omega pup.

Her dad lived as a rogue all his life?

Fat tears clouded her eyes thinking of her father.

Her appa, the bestest person in the world, in no way deserved to be a victim of such a malpractice.

But why doesn't he have a pack now like aunt Seulgi did?

He was mated too; shouldn't his mate, her dad be taking care of him.

Why isn't her dad with them in the first place?

Was it because of her rank that her dad disowned them both?

Mihee didn't want to believe at the beginning, but with each passing day she realized her alpha dad abandoned her and appa because she was born an omega.

The society confirmed it for her.

Taehyung never mentioned to anybody that he was banished from his pack as banishment implies sinning. People looked down, judged and humiliated banished wolves.

So they told the pup what they analyzed.

They explained her the possibilities of Taehyung being thrown out of the pack after discovering Mihee's rank.

They also said that alphas don't usually abandon their mates; it's only the pups who they feel are a burden.

"Your appa must've chosen you over his alpha mate" one of her teachers said; which technically is true but in a different context.