I hope to see you in class later

After freaking out for a while, I realised that if I turned up late, that would be even more embarrassing for me, so I left the room, my heart still racing. As I went to turn the corner to go downstairs, Miss Goode had seemed to have the same idea, and we both walked into each other, full force, dropping our books all over the place. I quickly knelt down, gathering my things, and Miss Goode simply stopped and looked up at me, an apologetic smile on her face. "Y/n I am so so terribly sorry about earlier. I had no idea that you were showering. Could you please forgive me?" She whispered. I smiled to myself, a sudden sense of relief coming over me. "There's no need to apologise, Miss Goode, it was my mistake for not locking the door, but thank you." I replied. She smiled at me warmly and picked up her things too. She started making her way towards the stairs, but turned to look over her shoulder and said "I hope to see you in class later."

I headed down to my first lesson of the day. Myrtle Snow, or Miss Snow as we call her, was teaching. She was supposed to be teaching us about telepathy, but her entire lesson consisted of her telling stories about how she had acquired each item of clothing that she was wearing. After we were dismissed, I remembered that my next class was with Miss Goode, and the nerves started to kick in. I really wanted to impress her and couldn't bear the embarrassment of messing up in-front of all my new class mates. I went down to the greenhouse and took a seat. I was the first person there, even Miss Goode hadn't turned up yet, and I was getting more and more nervous by the second. I looked down at my hands, they were slightly trembling. Soon enough, people started to turn up, and everything suddenly got louder. I realised exactly what was happening. Because I was so nervous, my clairvoyance had become more prominent. I could hear everything.
'Miss snow is so annoying'
'I'm so tired'
'I seriously need to eat something'
'I can't wait to go out tonight'
'I hope y/n is alright, I'm looking forward to seeing her today'
'Im not smart enough for this'
'I miss my friends back home'

They all seemed normal enough, until I realised exactly what I'd heard. I looked over my shoulder to see Miss Goode sitting at her desk, looking at me out of the corner of her eye. I tried to listen into her thoughts.

'I can't believe I did that to her. I hope she doesn't think of me any differently, it was purely accidental. What if she thinks I did it on purpose? No I can't let that happen, besides, I apologised and she told me I was forgiven. I'm thinking too much into it. Can she hear me? God I hope not.."

I felt I was invading her privacy and decided to stop, but I couldn't let her think that I was upset about what had happened. I knew that she didn't mean it. I closed my eyes and focused on her, entering her mind.
'Miss Goode can you hear me?'  I thought.
She suddenly looked up, astonished, but quickly looked back down, trying not to make it obvious to everyone else.
'I can, is everything alright?' She thought, realising that I could hear her.
'Could I talk to you after class today?' I replied, hoping for a yes.
'Of course you can sweet girl' she replied, looking up from her book and smiling at me. I smiled back and opened my book, getting ready for my first class with her.