tracing cirlces.

cordelia looked me in my eyes, and i felt she was staring deep into my soul in that moment.
"who told you about misty, y/n?"
i couldn't work out the look on her face. i couldn't read her.
"you did." i replied timidly.
now i could tell what she was thinking. she was confused.
"your thoughts told me, i mean."
she sighed with relief.
"so i didn't tell you when i was heavily intoxicated, then."
with that she turned away from me, heaving herself on to her left side.
i gently took her hand in mine, tracing circles onto her palm with my finger tip. my aunt used to do that to me when she wanted me to talk with her.
"you don't have to tell me if you don't want to, delia."
she closes her eyes and offers a slight smile.
"misty was beautiful. so beautiful. she came to us a long time ago and i formed a bond with her immediately. then she was ripped away from me when we were trying to discover who was to be supreme after my mother. later she was brought back, but she soon left to pursue her own dreams. i was so happy for her, but really, my heart was breaking with the thought of losing her, since i loved her so much. i fear that is going to happen again, but this time with you y/n."
i bit down on my lip, hard, but not hard enough to make it bleed.
i lean down, wrapping my arms around cordelia carefully. she stroked my hair lovingly and synced her breathing with mine.
i've never ached for someone as much as i am right now.