Spring break.

Everyone packed their bags today after breakfast. I forgot how quickly spring break rolls around. I sat in my room, alone. I finished 'Jane Eyre' a while ago, so i moved on to 'Carol'. I love to read, it's so relaxing. Everyone but me was heading home. I really didn't want to see my parents, especially my father, and aunt Lizzie was travelling around Europe, so i couldn't visit her. Besides, you don't have to leave, you're allowed to stay at school during break.
It had been a couple hours since breakfast, and almost everyone except Zoe and Nan had left school. They were waiting for their families to come get them. I was pretty hungry, so i headed to the kitchen for a snack. Delia was sitting at the counter, sipping on a glass of what i assumed was iced tea.
"Y/n, hi. You're not heading home for spring break?" she asked softly.
I shook my head.
"If it's ok, I'd much rather stay here. i'm trying to avoid my family and my aunt lizzie is in Europe."
Delia patted the seat beside her.
"Sit." she muttered.
I sat beside her.
"Tea?"
Before i could reply, she poured me a glass, adding a tiny orange flower atop the drink.
"I'll be here the whole time, so if you need someone to talk to at any time, I'll be here okay?"
I smiled.
"Thank you Delia." i replied. She was always so kind.
I soon came to realise that i was going to be all alone for three long weeks. No company except from Cordelia, and i'd feel guilty bothering her knowing that it was technically her spring break too. I felt my eyes fill with tears. Suddenly, the three candles in front of us were lit, along with the coal in the fireplace.
"Oh.. i'm so sorry." i whispered through my tears.
"Y/n.. you did that?" Cordelia said, rather quietly.
"i.. i did. i'm sorry. It happens when my emotions get the better of me- i didn't meant to i-"
She stopped me.
"That's marvellous. Darling, if you can get this ability under control, it could be much to your advantage-"
she soon realised that i was in fact crying.
"Oh sweet girl."
She wiped my tears gently and wrapped her arms around me, giving me a warm hug. I rested my head onto her shoulder as she caressed my back.
"Don't worry about bothering me okay? i'm always more than happy to talk to you. You're a wonderful girl."
She was listening to my thoughts. I was thinking about how much i would bother her if i kept talking to her during break.
"it's a pleasure to talk to you okay? i promise." she slowly pulled away from the hug, taking my hands in hers. She carefully slid a silver ring with a small heart on the top of it onto my finger.
"i found this on the floor in class. i've been meaning to give it to you. i figured you'd be missing it."
she found my ring. she found the ring that i had been looking for, for the longest time, and she remembered that it belonged to me.
"Thank you, Delia. Thank you so much." I smiled, drying my eyes.
"Of course sweetheart. Now, you go and get yourself cleaned up and comfortable, and you and i will watch a movie of your choice after everyone leaves tonight, alright?"
"Oh Cordelia you don't have to-"
she interrupted me.
"i want to. now go ahead honey. i'll be waiting here for you."
I smiled to myself, walking up the stairs to shower. She really was so kind.