Here, have this.

In class, I sat quietly, spinning the ring on my finger repeatedly. That was a habit I'd always had, and did it mostly when I was nervous. I could still hear everyone's thoughts, but there were so many voices that it became too hard to make out what they were saying. We had to mix a potion in class, which everyone except from me seemed familiar with. A girl next to me told me that it was fairly easy and I should be able to do it with no help. I put everything listed in the book into a small glass jar and shook it back and forth gently, but unlike everyone else's, mine did nothing. Miss Goode came over and gently took the jar from me.
"Try swirling it rather than going back and forth sweetheart, like this." She said as she showed me how to do it. She handed it back to me and watched as I repeated her action, and my solution started to glow a pale shade of pink. I smiled and put it down on the worktop, spinning my ring again. Miss Goode winked at me proudly and went back to her desk.

After class, I stayed behind, remaining seated as everyone else left. Miss Goode came over and pulled up a chair next to me.
"What did you want to talk to me about honey?" She spoke calmly.
"I just wanted to tell you that I know what happened earlier was a complete accident, and I don't want you to worry about it." I replied, hesitantly. Miss Goode sighed with relief, but then soon became tense when she remembered why I had said this.
"Y/n.. today you heard my thoughts didn't you?"
I looked at her apologetically, "I couldn't help it, I could hear everyone's." I said.
"No I know but, no other witch has ever been able to access the thoughts of the supreme and successfully enter her mind with no trouble."
She responded, sounding amazed.
"What does that mean?" I replied, confused.
"I'm not sure yet sweetheart. I will figure it out, though. Oh and thank you, for this conversation. I appreciate it." She smiled.
"That's alright Miss Goode." I muttered.
"Oh please y/n, call me Cordelia! There's no need to be so formal!" She said laughing as she brushed her hand up and down my arm then got up to go back to her desk.
"I'll see you at dinner." She finished, and I got up and left, flustered to say the least.

I went to my room and picked up my favourite book, then sat down on my bed to read for a while before dinner time. I thought about the way miss Goode- I mean Cordelia, had brushed her hand against my arm so gently and smiled at the thought of it. I knew it meant nothing but it was nice, and it warmed my heart ever so slightly. After reading a few pages, I got up from the bed and made my way to the wardrobe. I pulled out a pair of black flares and an oversized hoodie to be comfortable then curled my hair loosely. I put on some more jewellery, but quickly realised that something was missing, something that I always had. My ring. I began frantically searching for it, looking absolutely everywhere around my room, but it was nowhere to be seen. I ran down the stairs, almost tripping myself up, and went over to Zoe and Maddison.
"Have you guys seen a silver ring with a small heart engraved on the front? I lost it after Cordelia's class today.." I asked, panicking.
"No I'm sorry, I'm sure it'll turn up though." Zoe replied.
"You should take better care of things around here." Maddison said.
I went to the kitchen and carried on looking. I bent down to look under the table but as I got back up again, I bumped into Cordelia.
"Cordelia, I'm so sorry!" I muttered.
"It's alright sweet girl," she replied, holding onto my hands then lifting them up to look at them. "What happened to your ring?" She asked, with concern in her voice.
"I lost it after class today, I really don't know where it is.." I said, starting to tear up. I hate loosing things.
"Don't you cry sweetie, it's alright. Here," Cordelia said, taking a beautiful ring from her finger and placing it onto mine, "have this." She smiled, and I looked down at a delicate silver ring, with a frog on the front of it.
"No I can't," I started, but she interrupted me.
"Yes you can. I noticed you spinning your ring in class today and you'll miss that habit if you don't have a ring to spin." She said reassuringly.
"Thank you" I whispered, a tear falling down my face. She wiped it with the back of her hand.
"Now come on, you can help me set the table," she smiled and caressed my hand with her thumb, then let go of my hands and made her way into the dining room. I admired the ring on my finger and smiled before making my way to the dining room after her. It was so sweet of her to do that, and I felt butterflies in my stomach when I realised that she had been watching me enough to notice the ring on my finger. She is really starting to grow on me.