Chapter 7

***Destiny's P.O.V***

I couldn't help but take a peek at Pilot and Rita after the meeting. They looked quite close enjoying the arcade, rides, and stuff. Now that I see her from behind I'm sure she is the one at the parking lot alley that day. Before I completely fall into the well of wrath,  a call from the boss gave me extra affairs to take care of. 

After taking care of the gangster situation that the boss asked me to, I also had to make sure his cover is not blown during the launching event. Further, I visited his room to detail our new project works with Mr.Shimaura's company.

 Unexpectedly, a girl visited his room and claimed I'm Mr.Robert's daughter and boss's cousin. Though I don't know exactly what's her relationship with the boss is, I understood I shall just go along with what she says judging from the boss's panicked looks.  

Soon after I bid my farewells saying that I have to do some office work. 

"Such a mean jerk he is" Freya shook her head.

"Who"? I am perplexed by Freya's sudden outrage.

"Of course your arrogant ass boss that Lucas Weissman" Freya flared up. "He doesn't even have the common sense to provide accommodation when the venue is this far from the city and let the employees relax after such a huge event" she flared. 

Mr.Weissman has choked on his drink. I have never seen someone bad-mouthing the boss in front of him, it is a little funny to watch and I had to suppress my laugh. 

"No it's not like that, it's just I've got things to do tomorrow so I prefer driving home right away" I tried to back Mr.Weissman. 

Finally, we settled on me sharing the room for the night with Freya. Now, I can see the change in the boss's demeanor when he is around Freya, She is a very nice and kind person. We had many similarities in our taste.

She asked many things about the boss's childhood as she thinks I'm his cousin. Luckily, I answered all of her questions as I grew up close to Weissman's family and knew him since we were children. It is both a blessing and curse, my relationship with Weissman's family. 

In between our talks she expressed her distaste for Mr.Weissman again not knowing his disguise.  

"How come did you know Mr.Weissman?" I asked her out of curiosity. 

"I met him once," she said. 

"Oh..when?"

"Do you know Gavin star? his Fiance is my best friend, I met Mr.Weissman at their engagement party, he is so rude that he didn't even entertain a simple shake hand. I mean I kinda expected that from a rich people's party, luckily I had Pilot with me" she said with a relieved voice. 

"Pilot?" my voice became emotional unintentionally. 

"Yes, Pilot, he's my co-worker, do you know him?" Freya asked suspiciously as if she caught on to something. 

"Yeah, I mean I just met him a few days ago at a staff meeting as you know that I am here on behalf of Weissman industries" I covered up the fact that I knew him earlier on. But wait, so...the girl that I saw with Pilot at Gavin's engagement party is Freya?

"Oh, I see, the world is really a small place" she laughed. "Pilot really saved me that day, he even had to postpone one of his gigs to help me out" she continued. 

Wait, so that day...Pilot was just helping Freya? I involuntarily muttered "Luckily, his girlfriend didn't take any offense" 

"His girlfriend?" Freya looked surprised. 

"Yes, Miss Rita"

"Pfft..." Freya laughed clutching her stomach as I said some joke. "How do you know about Rita anyways?" 

"I met her when I met Mr.Pilot for the meeting, she was there too, they looked quite close so.."

"Yeah I can see why you're mistaken, people usually do that but I have seen them for quite a while now. They are both best friends and joined the hub around the same time, they never had anything like that between them. Besides, both are busy building their careers" Freya explained. 

A pang of guilt has evoked in my heart. Maybe somewhere I have misunderstood something. Pilot is not a playboy, I must clear whatever this misunderstanding that is there between us. 

***Pilot's P.O.V***

Unexpectedly I came across a face I have been thinking about a lot these days. It is the same forest road where we meet for the first time and her attire was no different with her hair tied up in a ponytail, pointy heels, bright red lipstick with black-framed glasses elevating her beautiful blue eyes underneath. 

"Can I talk to you?" she asked as I finished my performance for the day. 

"Sure" we settled down at one of the quiet corners in the pub. 

I wanted to ask her so many questions, why didn't she take my calls? why did she behave at the meeting like she didn't know me? why she is avoiding me? but in the end, looking at her guilt-filled face, I didn't say anything and I could only ask her "How is everything going at the work?"

"Quite well, indeed I got promoted to deal with gangsters now instead of salarymen" she tried to make a light-hearted joke but ironically it sounded true. 

I gave a small smile and carefully studied her face as she is collecting her thoughts. She finally spoke again after a long pause "I have come to Forest road that night when you've invited me" she said.

"You did?"

"Yes, but I was late due to work and your performance is finished by that time. Then...then I saw you and Rita near the parking lot..then.." I could see Destiny clench her fists tightly. 

With her words, I was taken back to that night after my performance. I was waiting for Destiny eagerly but I saw Rita going down the alley near the parking lot. She looked quite upset. I followed her and under the fade street light all I could see was Rita's big blue eyes teared up red and the tears mixed with mascara flew down her pale cheeks. she looked devastated. I was speechless and raged about who or what made Rita like this? 

"What happened?" I asked her worried. 

She then suddenly grabbed my hands and placed them on her breasts. I was stunned for a moment and my mind couldn't process what's happening. It took me a while to get out from that shock and I reflexively took back my hands, " What are you doing?"

"Are they not enough?" she cried miserably. 

" Ri, what happened after all?" I tried to console her. 

"You remember I had a breast enhancement surgery recently right?" 

"Yes"

"I didn't do it because I wanted to...but..but... I gave an audition for the island mystery film. The CD said that he liked my acting but my physique is not suitable for the character and asked me to have boobs enhancement surgery. I thought if I could land this role my life is set, so I even took a loan and had surgery but now...now they cast someone else" she wailed in my arms. 

Now I see why Destiny misunderstood me and avoided me all these days. But still, she could have just asked me straightforward. How could I know if she never asked me?  I tried to contact her at times but she just ignored me and didn't even give me a chance to explain myself. Maybe it's my fault that I have expected too much.  It doesn't make any difference if we clear our misunderstandings today. She and I are quite different and this is a good reality check for me.

"Maybe it is our destiny that our paths are crossed for a small while, let's just keep it that way, take care" I stood up. 

Pilot's Destiny (Billionaire Identity's Spin-off)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें