Chapter 4

***Pilot's P.O.V ***

As my fist tightened and my punch is making its way towards the guy's face, Destiny yelled "please, don't"

I looked at her shocked to check if I heard it right and the guy got free from my hold.
" I'm gonna kill you and your bastard boss" the guy was fuming in anger while Destiny's face looked stern and expressionless.

"If you have any dissatisfaction with the sum please talk with the finance department, I'll make sure you are compensated well, now please leave Mr. Weaver, otherwise I'll have to call the security" Destiny spoke with utmost calm and composure.

"It's all about money for you guys, isn't it? what am I even expecting from people like you!!" the guy went away with utmost grit and bitterness written on his face.

Now the air of whispers from people around us alerted me and I immediately took off my jacket and placed around her shoulders and held her hand as we made our way out of the café.

we sat on the bench in the park complex outside the office. Her face looked pale.

I didn't say anything but waiting for her to speak up first.

"You asked me what do I do right, this is what I do" her voice almost sounded as if she's ashamed.

"Calm down, I don't know what's the deal back there but it's no way to behave with someone like that"

"His anger is justifiable. He's a father of three and been working for the company I am in for almost 15 years and I fired him within a day notice on account of my boss, being a secretary I always clean up the mess after my boss, it's no way to live a life of honor" her voice is almost shaking with self-hate, shame and angst.

"Hey! I think you are taking it the wrong way, it's not your decision to make it's your boss who made it and there's nothing that you could have done. So please stop blaming yourself and I'm sure firing people is not the only thing you do always. You must have given life to many people, help make million dollars of decisions for the company, manage life of one of the busiest people. I'm sure your boss couldn't even lift a finger without you". I gently lifted her chin up with my finger and without even us knowing the distance between us reduced.

A smile face appeared on her face followed by her eye lids closed. 

Her eyes trembled and opened with the loud bang that came from her phone.

"It's it's my boss" her eyes opened, her lips trembling.

"See I told you he can't even lift a finger without you" I smiled. 

"So I see you when I see you?" Destiny stood up and I noticed a little blush on her face while she's adjusting a few strands of hair that's covering her side profile. 

"Maybe you can see me tonight if you come to Forestroad, I'm playing 8 tonight" I winked. 

"Maybe" she smiled elevating her chin dimple. As she made her way into the office my own phone started to vibrate. 

"How's it going?" excited voice on the other side of the phone from Rita. 

"Not too bad" I tried to control my laughter. 

"You got her, didn't you?" I can hear Rita's squeal. 

"Will you stop that eh?" I rolled my eyes. 

"Alright, alright I'm next in line for the audition, see you at Forestroad" Rita hungup without giving me a chance to reply. 

***Destiny's P.O.V***

I don't know why I was blushing like that, the thought that he is my first kiss made me more blush. Is it really not my fault like he said? True or not but that fact that he said those words to me made me feel less guilty and felt like I could breathe. As I lost in the whirlpool of Pilot's thoughts, I entered Weissman's cabin. 

"Boss?"

"How do I look?" he turned around on his revolving office chair. 

I can't believe the person infront of me is Lucas Weissman. He is in a common hoodie jeans with a slight beard and a fucking lip pierce!Wait is he smiling? What the actual heck! Well I don't deny his attire is funny enough but he is actually laughing. I don't remember it was I guess ages ago he smiled like this. 

Wait his eyes? Where are the blue flames of fire? They are grey now and his hair from jet black to brown.

Am I still dreaming? Is this even real?

The rolling paper weight sound made by Mr.Weissman brought me back to our conversation.

"Amazing boss, you look very erm.. urban macho umm.."

"Alright" he lifted his forefinger as a sign to stop.

"Contact erm..the pasta hub, downtown and I want a job at that place. Give the owner whatever he wants, but I need a position where I can be close to Miss Keller, Freya Keller" he was detailing quickly.

"Okay boss" I just noted down the details and came out of his cabin.

Is he gone real crazy? What's with his style and wait he wanna work for a restaurant now?" I mean he can if he wants to but why?" I mean why?

Anyways this is not the first time he's putting up these ridiculous acts. It was from day one. May be it's just another strategy for a business venture.

"But wait who is this Keller? And why he wants to be close with her?" Could be some model chick. I couldn't care less. 

After arranging everything boss has asked for,  it was already 10'o clock. He will still be there right? May be he finished his performance and head back home? After thinking quite a while I decided to just visit the Forestroad, just in case if he's there I can meet him. 

Bummer! the guy at the reception told me that Pilot finished his performance and just left. Slightly disheartedned my steps directed towards the car park. There in the alley side way I saw Pilot touching breasts of a girl. 

I quickly turned my head around and started swifly towards my car as my dream world has been shattered just like that. 

*****

Sorry guys I know I took a long time to update. But again, I wanna write something that I feel is worth writing rather than just for the sake of writing, hope you enjoyed this chapter, please look forward to the next one <3 LK