Chapter 1

The throne room stood begrudgingly silent. Morning sunlight filtered through the open windows dusted and well cleaned after the routine habits of the servants who worked inside the palace. The chirping of the birds and the distant chattering of the crowds in the city plaza reached his ears. The prolonged winter had finally come to a stop bringing in the hints of the Spring with the farewell. New buds bloomed in fields and people rose each morning to work on their lands, hoping for another prosperous year as always. The only sound inside the room was the drumming of his fingers against the smooth golden arm of his throne. He was deep in thought, brows creased together into a frown. This young man was only nineteen years old. His smooth face displays maturity far beyond his years. Someone might look at him and see a child of nineteen but the people around here knew better. Their three kings, the heirs of the throne after the passing of their former kings, were anything but weak. They had earned their trust with blood and sweat. No one handed it to them on a silver tray named family inheritance. His name was Lui Shirosagi. The King of Elysia, one of the prosperous lands to the west. The land belonged to humans. Once upon a time known to be the weakest but now famed to be one of the strongest. They crawled their way up to the superior position they wield with honour now. Generation after generation has fought, invented, and strategized to reach the peak of their strength and they are still climbing their way up, achieving remarkable fame from all the things they have achieved.

Breaking the thoughtful atmosphere of the room another person entered. His blonde hair shone against the sunlight as he looked onto Lui who merely glanced at him with disinterest. Some other person might've found offence in this action but he knew Lui too well to take offence from any of his normal behaviours. His name was Free De La Hoya, a descendant of another family that bore royal blood. He flicked his bored gaze to Lui, raising his eyebrow in question. "You're still thinking about that?"

Lui leaned back against the throne, "What does Valt say?"

"He says we should speak with them. After all, it is not only us to decide. Most of the races are affected by Vampires. This shouldn't be taken lightly and nor should be treated with selfishness, Lui"

Lui stared at him, reconsidering the words, "Did you two already talk about it?"

Free shrugged, "Not much of a talk I'd say. But yeah, both of us vote on attending. It's in Kaira, and the Fairy kingdom never thinks of harming us in any way."

"They're coming," Lui glowered, his voice narrowed. He hadn't forgotten the bitter past. The past where they lost their three kings to the war.

"They're bound to come. We're at peace. There's not much we can do to stop anyone" Free spoke, a matter-of-factly. The blonde has always been calm in his demeanour but not much forgiving. He hadn't forgotten the past and was not ready to eagerly forgive all the crimes they did. Forgiveness was Valt's charm, never theirs.

Lui stood up from the golden throne and stepped down to the crimson rug on the floor. "We will go then. But remember, one offence, I will not bear it anymore"

Free nodded, "Nor will I"

The two princes were nineteen, both matured way beyond their years, skilled in fighting, and had seen war unfolding right in front of their eyes. The third prince, the hazel-eyed boy representing the Aoi family, was younger than the two, only being eighteen in age. The three of them had to bear the burdens of the throne because of the war that took place two years ago. Their fathers were slaughtered in the war and the whole kingdom was thrown into a period of despair until the three princes finally made a pact with each other: to protect the kingdom despite their age and hardships. Their mild yet strong rule brought Elysia back to their initial pride. They had taken peace again to rebuild Elysia with much force and strength. Everything had been going perfectly until yesterday a soldier from Kaira, a fairy, came to them with a message from the queen. She was a friendly woman, but the letter differed from her usual manner. While reading it, three of them instantly realized the sense of urgency, importance, and the underlying danger in her words. To the placid lake of their lives, a stone has been tossed.