Chapter 4: Splash Mountain

Yay next chapter! And yes, I'm just doing one ride per chapter. Though there may be some exceptions in the future…

Sonic the Hedgehog © Sega

Disneyland © Disney still…?

*.*

Amy's P.O.V.

I wandered ahead next to Rouge, while Knuckles and Shadow were really into a conversation behind us. Something about food, then cards, then video games. God knows what goes on inside Knuckles' head.

Rouge and I began having a conversation about where to eat lunch. Sure, it was only about 10:00, but girls just gotta eat, right? We were pointing out places as we went by. When that was over, I changed the subject.

"So you and Knuckles… what's the deal with that?" Rouge blushed and quickly looked back at Knuckles before meeting my eyes.

"Well… I guess I've taken kind of a strange liking to him… Like he's more than a best friend, but less than a boyfriend. I don't know." I nodded in understanding. I was relieved she didn't bring up Shadow. I was truly not in the mood to talk about Shadow. "Don't think I forgot about Shadow, Amy. I'm just giving you a break from the teasing- temporarily." I chuckled and looked down at my feet. We'd almost reached Splash Mountain by then.

The line was surprisingly short for a Friday. It was about a 20 minute wait. So we got in the back of the line and thought about something to do. Rouge offered to start a game of truth or dare again, but after what happened last time, we refused that offer. Then Knuckles asked if we wanted to play spin the bottle, but we didn't have a bottle or a table to spin it on. So instead we played 20 questions. Knuckles picked something first.

"Hmmm…. Ok Rouge, I got it. Start guessing." Knuckles looked extremely mischievous.

"Alright… is it smaller than your hand?" Knuckles looked at his hand in confusion.

"Yeah, I guess it is," Knuckles answered. Now it was Shadow's turn.

"Is it a pickle?" Knuckles' eye twitched. Shadow smirked.

"Damn you Shadow! Why do you always guess it right?! You're supposed to ask more than two questions before guessing! That's how you play 20 questions!"

"Uh no, you can guess whenever you'd like to. And you always pick a food item." Knuckles glared at Shadow for a while before moving ahead in the line. Shadow smirked again and shook his head. It was now his turn to pick an item.

"Hmmm, alright. I've got something. I just picked the first thing I looked at." Knuckles quickly looked around and started throwing questions at Shadow.

"Is it that stick? That tree? Rouge? That cookie? That family over there? That ceiling board? The other ceiling board? The ceiling at all? The wall? The other wall? Me? A bat? That random dude over there? That Hawaiian shirt? The chili dog? Or is it that bush? Yep, it's definitely the-" Rouge clapped a hand over Knuckles mouth. She nodded to Shadow.

"Why don't we have someone else go first, right Shadow?" He shrugged; I guess he found the echidna's rambling quite entertaining. Then Shadow looked over to me. He nodded his head toward me.

"You're turn, Rose." I looked around while tapping my chin. What should I ask?

"Is it more than 1 color?" Shadow nodded then turned to Rouge. She asked the next question.

"Is it within 20 feet of us?" Shadow thought for a moment while looking around.

"I suppose it is, Rouge. Now we're skipping Knuckles' turn because he asked too many questions. So Rose is up again." Shadow looked at me with his ruby red eyes. I looked down to avoid his gaze.