Chapter 20: The Next Day

Here's the final chapter of the story! It's somewhat an epilogue and somewhat not really.

Sonic the Hedgehog © Sega

Disneyland © Disney

*.*

Amy's P.O.V.

I groaned and rolled over. I slowly opened my eyes to see the room I was in. It was pink, and had pictures all over the walls of my friends and I. Then I realized I was in my room, in my bed. There was someone with me, someone who was still asleep. I opened my eyes a bit more.

"Shadow?" He yawned and opened his eyes.

"Morning love. How'd you sleep?"

"Good I guess. Did you stay the night at my house?" His cheeks turned pink.

"Yeah, Rouge and Knuckles claimed the couches, so I got stuck up here with you," Shadow said.

"Stuck up here?" I smirked and raised an eyebrow.

"Oh, you know what I mean. Where else was I supposed to sleep?" he asked. I started laughing.

"The guest room is just down the hall, you know," I said laughing. He just stared at me blankly.

"You're kidding," he said. I laughed again.

"Nope. You just wanted to be in here with me." Shadow glared at me for a minute before laughing a bit and turning pink.

"And what if I did? Are you going to kick me out?" I grinned.

"Nope." He smiled at me.

"Good. Let's go see if Rouge and Knuckles are awake," Shadow said. He got up and out of my bed. He helped me up and I got out of bed. I looked down for a minute and realized I was still in my clothes from yesterday.

"You left me in my clothes, didn't you Shadow?" He turned and faced me.

"Yeah. We've only been dating for 12 hours, and I didn't know where your pajamas were." I gawked at him.

"So did you actually search for my pajamas?" A small smirk appeared on his face. I grinned and smacked his arm. "Shadow!"

"Hey hey, I'm kidding. I at least have the decency not to go through your clothes." I laughed and went down the stairs and into the living room. The blinds were closed, so it was somewhat dark in the room since the lights were also off. Rouge was still asleep on the couch, but Knuckles wasn't. I heard things banging around in my kitchen.

"What the freak? Where is the food?!" I heard Knuckles yelling from the kitchen I laughed and walked into my kitchen.

"Can I help you with something, Knuckles?" He jumped and threw the frying pan into the air, which landed on the kitchen tiles with a loud clang. I grinned and leaned on the doorframe.

"O-oh, it's just you Amy. You scared me." I laughed as I walked over to pick up the frying pan.

"Who did you think it was?" I asked. He shrugged.

"Rouge possibly. That's something she would do." I nodded. As I stood up, someone's hands covered my eyes and pulled me close.

"Guess who?" I giggled.

"Why, is it my boyfriend?" The hands disappeared and I turned around to lay in his arms.

"Why, it is! You're good at this." I laughed and smiled at Shadow. He grinned at me and pecked my lips. Rouge walked in sleepily.

"Good morn- Whoa, whoa, whoa! Am I interrupting something?" She raised an eyebrow at Shadow and me. I smiled and shook my head.

"Not at all Rouge. Hey, where did you leave my car keys?" She thought for a minute before her eyes widened.