Chapter 13: The Jungle Cruise and Tarzan's Tree House

FINALLY! DECATHLON IS OVA!

So here's chapter 13 to celebrate.

Sonic the Hedgehog © Sega

Disneyland © Disney

*.*

Shadow's P.O.V.

We grabbed some fastpasses for the ride because Knuckles just wanted to hear the damn fastpass machine beep. They started in about an hour. So Rose and Amy decided we should climb the tree house instead. It was mostly filled with kids, but there were a few unfortunate parents here and there.

Knuckles ran up the staircase of the tree house with Rouge right behind him. I followed Rose up the stairs. Rouge pulled out her camera and started snapping pictures like crazy. Knuckles looked dazed in most of the pictures, but thankfully I was only in one. Amy explored the tree house a little then crossed the bridge ahead of us. Knuckles was long gone, and Rouge was probably chasing him. She ran across the bridge and I calmly followed her along. She searched the next room, fascinated with the various decorations surrounding us. We made a left and began up a small but steep staircase. At the top was an exhibit of a jaguar occasionally growling lowly. I stood behind her for a minute or two, just cocking my head to the side in confusion. A jaguar...?

It suddenly growled loudly at Amy and send out a burst of air. She jumped back quickly, but not too quickly. I had quick reflexes and was able to catch her before she fell on top of me. She blushed and turned to face me.

"Hehe, sorry Shads. I guess I just scared myself." I shook my head.

"No worries, Rose. It's fine." She nodded and climbed the next staircase. We rounded another exhibit together and avoided the small children on the floor or crawling around. We crossed another bridge that Rose stopped to look off of. She smiled at the view of Disneyland.

"Shadow, Shadow! Come here! Look at the view!" I casually strolled over to her and looked out at the lake. The sun was just barely setting, which made the lake look slightly orange. She signed and leaned on the railing. "Isn't it pretty?" I nodded.

"Very." I glanced down for a moment and my eyes widened. I sure hope she doesn't look down with her fear of heights…

She sighed again and leaned her head on my shoulder. I bit my lip, praying that she wouldn't look below us. But no such luck was present for me. She slowly looked down at all of the people crossing under us. She didn't seem to notice our altitude at first, but after a minute, her grip on my arm tightened. She gulped.

"We're k-kinda high, huh Sh-Shadow?" I nodded and looked down at her.

"Do you want to get down?" She shook her head.

"Just don't let go of me, k?" I nodded and wrapped an arm around her waist. She didn't seem to mind and we carried on. I let her go ahead of me down the steep staircase that I'm sure countless careless people have fallen down. I held onto her shoulder as she gripped the railing all the way down. After we reached the bottom, she clung right back on me. I held her waist and moved on.

We entered a small area filled with climbing ropes, pots to bang on, and climbing tress everywhere. Knuckles was already playing with the pots and pans while Rouge was snapping pictures and teasing him. Rose and I walked over to them.

"Hey Rouge, Knucklehead, where've you been?" Knuckles turned around to face me and shrugged. Rouge continued snapping pictures. Then she turned around and almost started snapping pictures of us, but she stopped when she saw my arm around Amy's waist. I immediately let go and rubbed the back of my head nervously. She shook her head and sighed. She turned around and started taking pictures of her boyfriend again, who looked extremely stupid playing with the pots and pans. Then he turned to me.